AX-15 difficult shifting

I having problems shifting my ax-15 especially down shifting from 3rd to 2nd gear. My dad's friend at the transmission shop said to check the shifter bushing and shift rod bushing before pulling the tranny for a rebuild.

Has anyone ever done this?

or Mobil 1 75/90 synthetic. I just did a fluid change on the MJ last weekend (diffs, tranny, TC) and it really improved the AX5. It's got over 200K on it, but shifts smooth as butter again.

I'm doing the "other" Jeep this weekend, too. 1-2 upshift is a little tight.

Jeff

I also did the fluid changes (oil, frt/rear diffs, tranny, TC) in my new project last weekend. It really did make a difference in shifting. Seems like the new fluid is helping out the synchros - before, I sometimes had to double clutch it to get it in gear. I watched when they drained it, and the tranny fluid looked like tar dripping out. I'll bet it hasn't been changed in the whole 110k miles on the truck. I've got the AX5 in my turd, but it should help you out too.

I'm already running a mix of royal purple and regular lube 75/90w in the tranny now. I pretty sure it's a synchro problem but as the shop said you got to remove the shifter anyway so check out the bushings first.

If I pull it.

They said the bench labor would run $225

parts would run between 150 to 200 if nothing is hurt.

450 to 490 with the tax.

12mo/12000mile warranty.

Or I can get an exchange tranny from them for 1,200.00 - ouch.

I'll check out the bushings, my dad has been doing business with this shop for about 27 years.