Small Radiator issues?

So every since I had my Mac tank put on and system converted my truck has cooled phenomenally. However. I have noticed a small leak coming from.....somewhere? I cannot pinpoint it I have tried. But I managed to capture this when I got home. Anytime I drive it somehow or another I find coolant on my bumper on the passenger side. I'm baffled. I have found some on top of my battery [2 or 3 droplets] and I find more on the rubber protector below my pully system. It is coolant because it's got a greenish tint to it and has a residue when you rub it in between your fingers. I have had both top and bottom rad hoses replaced simultaneously. Question is. Would it or could it possibly be the radiator itself? The gills are not bent and actually looks really good! It doesn't look wet either. Except the corner on my passenger side when I squeeze up under it. I don't know if it could be the Rad, petcock or something else? If it's the rad would a rockauto radiator be worth getting for my '88 Comanche? Or better yet the aluminum option? Just asking since I had that slip up with the reservoir tanks. But any possibilities would be appreciated. If it's the rad I'd love to know if the aluminum option off of rockauto is worth it, thanks fellas yall help a ton!

20220628_201122.jpg

pull the stuff out of the way and have someone rev the engine a bit while you watch the suspect area.  :L: 

but on the other hand, a new radiator is never a bad idea. :D   you don't need anything fancy, just one that's well built. 

Oh absolutely. I sadly don't have the tools to pull some stuff out of the way, I am however taking it to a place and have a guy look at it Monday or Tuesday. It's very drivable. It's not an alarming amount of coolant either but I do notice it. I have never seen any coolant on the ground [fresh wet spots under the rad/motor except today when I drove it about 5 minutes down the road from work and pumped gas. Then I noticed it dripping heavily. From where? No idea. Then I gey back in and drive home, park and then leave it running to see if I see anything. No hints on where it's coming from nor wet spots. I just notice when my motor is ice cold the recovery tank does lose some coolant from where coolant was lost and then my Mac tank pulling from there to compensate for the lost coolant thus filling it. But if it does happen to be the rad all in all with a small crack is the rockauto aluminum radiator a good option? I don't know if those are reliable at all if anyone knows for sure

Maybe I do have that laying around but I've never taken anything off of my vehicles. I'm afraid of breaking something. But I'll probably pull my grill and see if I can see something. Just going through and finding the weak spots in this 34 year old cooling system. Doing it step by step one peice at a time. It is frustrating seeing as it's just one thing after another but hey. That's the fun of owning a classic!

Oh lol yeah. Everything I have on my truck is OEM except my Mac tank and all that....yeah so a lot is due I think. Hoses I had done previously. So I'm definitely thinking it's my radiator. I'll probably replace the AC condenser too when I do my rad. I'm going all aluminum off rockauto. Miraculously the fins on my rad aren't bent or messed up! So flow isn't restricted. It's just tired from being 34 years old I suspect 

Well I don't run my AC sense I have no air, it blows hot air. But it is coming from the bottom passenger side either radiator or AC condenser. I know it's sort of spitting it out onto my bumper through the gap of the frame and bumper itself. Now do I know which one? No unfortunately. But I do know it's small and on the passenger side. I don't know if coolant runs through the AC condenser [my automotive knowledge is limited and I thought I ran 2 radiators at first look] so I don't entirely know how those work. I know it's for my AC but have no idea if it's got coolant circulating in it like a rad. I will have to convert my freon to somthing else since what it used to take is impossible to find. But yeah. I don't know if coolant circulates through the AC condenser or not. The fella on here thar installed my Mac tank is going to look at it Tuesday and tell me. I have a vague idea of what it could be. But I can play the "could be game" and bounce back and forth pondering. But yall are a huge help and definitely help me understand the inner workings of my truck. I'm always happy to learn and know more stuff when I can!

14 hours ago, Classy Comanche said:

Miraculously the fins on my rad aren't bent or messed up! So flow isn't restricted. It's just tired from being 34 years old I suspect 

Correction -- AIR flow isn't restricted. The tubes are probably clogged with sediment, and corroding from the inside.

Ah, more than likely they are. Sediment in the bottom may have been slowly eating away at the bottom for years. So I'll probably order a aluminum radiator regardless if it needs one or not. It appears in the corner on my passenger side radiator right behind my fan it looked wet. Exclusively the corner and looks like it drips and runs down onto the rubber skid guard beneath. It's not internally burning it. No white smoke out the tailpipe, no milky oil no blown gasket. So yeah your probably absolutely right about the bottom being corroded with dirt....etc. But the guy that has been working on my truck previously will be able to see Tuesday which I'll be glad when that day comes so I can get it fixed

Hes coming in next week for me to replace the rad. Weve been working through one weak point at a time with this cooling system. We get one spot fixed and the next weakest point starts to leak after. We'll have this thing going like new before too long. Its a really clean, all original rust free truck. It just needs a little well deserved TLC. 

Trivia bit:   most of AMC's radiators were made by Blackstone Corp. in Jamestown, NY.

The company founder sold the business to some Swedish outfit in 1984.  They still manufacture radiators for large trucks, and, since they are Swedish, they have a factory over in Europe that supplies radiators to Volvo.