How Much is an excellent condition 1972 Chevy C30 worth?

89MJComanche

I local Fire Department is opening sealed bids on Monday night for a 1972 Chevy C30 (single rear axle) truck. This was the brush truck. Truck is complete with 4x4, winch, lockers, radios, lights, siren, etc.

Truck has a factory 350, and a four speed manual tranny.

Truck has a slide in 19HP briggs and straton pump and 250 gallon water tank that was used in June/July of this year to fight fires. Works fine.

Truck ran its last fire call on September 20th 07

This truck has a near mint condition, very rare long factory step side bed. It is missing the tailgate. The rest of the body of the truck is in very good condition. There is a few very small rust spots on the bottoms of the doors that have been touched up, but since this thing was garage kept it is near mint for a working truck of this age.

350 purrs like a kitten.

What is this truck worth??

I'm going to submit a bid Monday and I'd really like to win this truck. I'd remove the bed and install a utility body and put a snow plow on the front.

The bed is probably worth $1000 it self??

I've seen some 'funky' things with local FD auctions.......

We had an M52(I think, 5 ton 6 x6), 1500 gallon wildfire tank, completely set-up for field fires with only 16000 miles, go for $600 bucks. But a 85 K5 blazer with 75k, and a ton of rust and worn out junk 350 go for $2500.

Most interesting was a local department selling their 3-year old H1 grass truck, for $55k after paying $90k for it. It was WAY TOO heavy, and they were constantly stuck