Brake light on dash

Three grounding points for the Brake Light Bulb:

1. E-Brake (as mentioned above)

2. IGN SW during CRANK (bulb check)

3. Brake Warning SW on the distribution valve.

23 hours ago, Whitaker717 said:

I have an 87 Comanche that the brakes have been re done recently

Suspect Brake Bleeding Procedure.

• 10 months later...

Any update on this? I'm having similar issues. The right turn signal light on the cluster is on when I turn my headlights on but works normally otherwise. I haven't gotten a chance to take a closer look but I'm just browsing the forum seeing if anyone had some clues. I also saw around the same time that my starter relay module is getting intermittent, sometimes it starts sometimes it doesn't. Has anyone experienced random lights and abnormal electrical behavior related to a weak/old starter relay?

On 9/10/2021 at 10:25 AM, eaglescout526 said:

Is you’re E-brake on? That’s the only other thing that would keep the light on. 

No, it's not.

If the brakes were worked on recently, whoever did the work could have tripped the shuttle valve in the distribution block while bleeding, and not known enough to re-set it.

7 hours ago, JYau said:

Any update on this? I'm having similar issues. The right turn signal light on the cluster is on when I turn my headlights on but works normally otherwise. I haven't gotten a chance to take a closer look but I'm just browsing the forum seeing if anyone had some clues. I also saw around the same time that my starter relay module is getting intermittent, sometimes it starts sometimes it doesn't. Has anyone experienced random lights and abnormal electrical behavior related to a weak/old starter relay?

You are not having similar issues. The turn indicator is not in any way related to the brake system warning light. The usual cause of flakey turn indicators on the dashboard is the front turn signal sockets losing their ground, and trying to find a ground path by back-feeding through the indicator light on the cluster. Check your front turn sockets and the grounds for the front lights in general.

Going forward, it's better to start your own threads rather than hijack someone else's thread on a different topic. That just creates confusion.

Sorry, when I said I'm having similar issues I didn't specify that my EBrake light is also stuck on and I was looking to see if there was any connection with that to other dash/cluster electrical issues. But note taken on hijacking threads it's better to keep threads focused and not let them run out of control. Thanks for the tip on the signal sockets and grounds. I'm going to take a look. It could very well be completely unrelated to my EBrake light being on. :L: