buying some tires and wheels

OK guys, I need your input on this one. I found some wheels and tires that may fit my Comanche. The tire size is 235/75/R15 how close is that to factory size?? I want to do a conversion using this calculator. http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

To see if I'll have any differences in my speedo.

The guy called them Ecco rims... whatever.

here's the rim,,, He said they came off a Cherokee and they are 5 on 4.5

Is there a difference from stock on the tires?

Image Not Found

I've been running 235/75/R15 tires for yrs on mine --- no ill effects on gears or axles. you can use a GPS unit to check your actual speed Vs the speedo or replace the speedo gear ( I was too lazy to change the gear :brows: )

Yeah I didnt think about tracking my speed using gps.. I think I need a new cable anyways,, The one in it now pulled out when I remover the cluster to clean it. That thing just slid right out... How hard is it to replace the gear??

Those are Ecco rims and they are from a 2000 XJ Sport. They're 15x7 and are the same size as any of the Jeep alloys that fit the MJ.

As already noted, most MJs had either 205/75R15 or 225/75R15 tires. A 235/75 is only slightly larger. Most times the factory speedometer reads slightly faster than actual road speed anyway, so with the 235s your speedo should be pretty much right on the money.