WTB OEM radio

Kaiserman

Looking for an oem AMC amfm cassette. Preferably an RX135 like in this pic. Working would be great, but will take one that needs repair. Will also take others like the RX161. Also need the vehicle side plugs and enough wire to splice them into my harness.

Screenshot_20210606-133939_DuckDuckGo.jpg

6 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

That radio emporium website you got the pictures from is @Minuit’s site. You could get a refreshed one from him, but you may be on a waiting list for a while. 

Correction: you will be on the waiting list for a while.

4 hours ago, Minuit said:

Correction: you will be on the waiting list for a while.

Yup. I emailed you a while back. I had one lined up and the guy keeps giving me excuses as to why he hasnt pulled it yet. I need to get my dash together. Will probably buy the plugs from you.

12 hours ago, Kaiserman said:

Will do. Thanks! What would you recommend for speakers? Mine are all MIA.

pretty much anything that's not made of paper will be better than the original speakers. :D  aside from that, most 5 1/4s fit the doors and tuck behind the factory grilles.  but not all will, so keep in mind how much the speaker pokes out from the mounting surface.

55 minutes ago, Pete M said:

pretty much anything that's not made of paper will be better than the original speakers. :D  aside from that, most 5 1/4s fit the doors and tuck behind the factory grilles.  but not all will, so keep in mind how much the speaker pokes out from the mounting surface.

I need 8ohm speakers, don't know poop about which ones to buy. They all have so many different names/functions attached to them. I know good old 6x9 oem single speaker systems and that's about it.

I'm running 4ohm speakers in my Liberty with the old XJ radio.  in fact, I'm finding it difficult to even find 8ohm speakers that aren't either cheap paper crap (aka "OEM replacement") or mid range speakers designed to be a art of a bigger system.  :dunno: