Side Mirror Differences

Does anyone know what year the side mirrors got updated to no longer have the plastic retainer piece that is always broken?  I know it was still around in 92 and gone by 95 but not sure what year exactly.  I made replacements so we can repair these mirrors and want to be sure I get the years correct in the sale post.

PXL_20210601_235448471.jpg.c61712b1a0a46487643eabd807bee4ca.jpg

343155030_MirrorMountClose-up.jpg.98d515288f3ddcf068481509762dc931.jpg

10 hours ago, Gjeep said:

95 on the SE model only was that plastic gone. Sport and up still had the breakaway retaining clips through 96. 

My 95 is a sport and doesn't have the breakaways, I suppose it's always possible they were replaced at one point but I have no way to know for sure.  But if we can confirm those were still there in 96 that's good enough for me thanks!

9 hours ago, fiatslug87 said:

What material are you using to make them?

These will be in PETG.  The materials that make up PETG are UV resistant so it doesn't get brittle due to exposure to sunlight like ABS does and should keep it's color for quite a long time.

4 hours ago, russel730 said:

I'm in for a pair if you're planning on selling them.

I will definitely be selling them.  Keep an eye on the Vendors section this weekend, you should see the thread pop up.  I delayed posting the thread a few days because I've been extremely busy this week.