Front drive shaft

So after the 'manche got lifted, the front drive shaft got longer and about two inches on the slip joint are now exposed, I need a longer one now. I haven't found a custom D-shaft shop locally so I'll have to go the online route. Any recommendations y'all may have on this?

How much lift do you have?

I've never used either but from what I have always heard, as stated above, Adam's and Tom Woods seem to be the most often recommended for driveshafts.

7 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

How much lift do you have?

I've never used either but from what I have always heard, as stated above, Adam's and Tom Woods seem to be the most often recommended for driveshafts.

5.5" coils...

• 2 weeks later...

Zup dudes, I'm back from an impromptu assignment finally, did not have a chance to order the driveshaft from the online sources but I actually found a place nearby in Huntsville. I'll call them up tomorrow and compare cost, if it hits the 300 dollar mark, I think I'll go with a Tom Woods one instead...

On a different note, I now have the front drive train spinning at all times since I got rid of the CAD components. Is this something to be concerned with? Does the front shaft need to be built differently due to this?

1 hour ago, zomeizter said:

Zup dudes, I'm back from an impromptu assignment finally, did not have a chance to order the driveshaft from the online sources but I actually found a place nearby in Huntsville. I'll call them up tomorrow and compare cost, if it hits the 300 dollar mark, I think I'll go with a Tom Woods one instead...

On a different note, I now have the front drive train spinning at all times since I got rid of the CAD components. Is this something to be concerned with? Does the front shaft need to be built differently due to this?

Front driveshaft just need to be balanced. Some of those early driveshafts weren’t balanced much at all and some were. Either way, just get it balanced and you’ll be alright.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up and installed the front shaft today, took them dudes a couple tries though. Even though the comments on the order stated the measurement from yoke to yoke and the words "lengthen to compensate after lift", they shortened it. Took it back and they redeemed themselves lightning fast and no additional charges. Drove the beast for a bit to check for proper op, pretty smooth up to 75mph. Cost was 190 bux including all new Spicer parts, chupacabra is good to go!