Moon visor wiring

I searched here and online. I could only find write ups for adding a sun visor. For anyone that has a moon visor, where did you run the wiring into the cab. I’m assuming tying into the parking lights would be the way to go or should I put it on a switch?  

I've seen people tuck the wire beneath the rubber windshield gasket and run it down into the fender then into the engine bay but if you have the factory metal trim still that won't work.  Best bet in that case would be to drill a hole in the roof for a clean install, just have to seal it up really good.  

As far as wiring yeah you'd tie it into the running lights.

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

drill a hole, use a grommet, seal it up with the proper stuff. :L:  be sure to seal the mounting holes/screws too.  avoid household silicone or caulk if you can. 

silicone not good? i need to seal up the 2 bolts holding on the light bar.:dunno:  

One thing to know about silicone, that nasty vinegar smell you get when it is curing is actually a chemical it's offgassing that can cause heavy rusting.  You can get silicone that doesn't have this chemical, typically it's designed for aquariums and also I think GE silicone II. 

But as Pete mentioned, something automotive grade would be best.