1JTHW641XJT168704

MulzetN

I'm slacking on this one - Meant to do it a long time ago. Sorry!

1988 Jeep Comanche

2.5L / AX15 / Transfercase? / Front axle? / Rear axle? / Wheelbase?

Build date: (its on the driverside door sticker, in the form of month and year) - Will check this tomorrow. 

Current Location: Central Alberta, Canada.

Notes: 5spd standard, blue exterior, light grey interior, armstrong steering, bench seat, oil drip behind the fuse box like the rest of them... This is the quintessential old man farm truck.  

Current owner: Me :) A young, foolish guy that thought "only 100,000km on it? What could go wrong?"

PXL_20201217_221236693.MP.jpg

happy early build day

BUILD DATE: 3/24/88

BODY:TL61

SELLING DEALER: CAPITAL PLYMOUTH CHRYSLER INC.

EDMONTON, AB (CAN)

*X3 DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE -SA Charcoal AGC  
APA Monotone Paint CBA Straight Back Bench Seat CGX RR Head Restraints Outboard Seating
DDJ MANUAL TRANSMISSION EPD 2.5L I4 MPI GAC Tinted Glass Windows
JDA KPH Primary Speedometer JJA Cigar Lighter KQJ DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE
LAP Shift Indicator Warning Lamp LMA Halogen Headlamps MBJ Black Bumper
MDA Front License Plate Bracket NAG DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE PB3 Intense Blue Coat
QB3 Intense Blue Coat RAC Radio TBG Compact Spare Tire
WMC Open  

13 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

Wow! That thing looks clean! Unless it was swapped in, you would have an AX-5, not an AX-15. What are the plans with it?

It is clean! Everything is stock as far as I can tell. AX-5 it is! My bad. 

The plan is to leave it as close to stock as I can and enjoy it. I'm thinking of making it into a camper build inside the box with some removable sections. I want to do a cross Canada trip this summer. I record nature sounds and mix them with synth to create ambient music and I thought it would be fun to record in every province and territory. The Comanche would let me get everywhere I want to go and cut down on costs by removing the need for hotels... Plus it's just a cool truck. I'll probably keep the Jeep around after that trip as a weekend driver.

5 minutes ago, MulzetN said:

The plan is to leave it as close to stock as I can and enjoy it. I'm thinking of making it into a camper build inside the box with some removable sections. I want to do a cross Canada trip this summer. I record nature sounds and mix them with synth to create ambient music and I thought it would be fun to record in every province and territory. The Comanche would let me get everywhere I want to go and cut down on costs by removing the need for hotels... Plus it's just a cool truck. I'll probably keep the Jeep around after that trip as a weekend driver.

That would be a fun adventure for sure! Be sure to keep us updated. :D 

10 minutes ago, MulzetN said:

It is clean! Everything is stock as far as I can tell. AX-5 it is! My bad. 

I love that plan! 

also, its birthday is coming up :D 

• 2 weeks later...

My "little blue brick" made a trip from Jasper to Banff for it's birthday weekend along the Icefield Parkway. Definitely a little lackluster in power with the 2.5, but once you accept that you're not leaving 3rd on some of the climbs it becomes more bearable. You just have to accept the truck for what it is and laugh along the ride.

PXL_20210328_193729269~2.jpg

PXL_20210328_184910336~2.jpg