Mossy Green XJ

Mostly interior detail work this weekend -- refinished the front door panels. Lots of masking and patience. Since the power door locks died at some time during PO's time, manual flipping of the lock/unlock was necessity. Now that I have all accessories working like new, I decided to swap out both the driver and passenger side rocker switch for rear door units that show little to no sign of wear. Also was lucky enough to find a very low mileage XJ whose switch panel identification plates were in like new condition both driver and passenger side also. That was a fun one -- managing to not break the mine-field of plastic clips and rivets that hold the majority of it together. In the end both turned out great. (No idea why some of these photos show up up-side-down...tried endlessly to flip them right-side without luck.)

IMG_6236.jpg

IMG_6251.jpg

IMG_6253.jpg

IMG_6255.jpg

IMG_6258.jpg

IMG_6263.jpg

IMG_6265.jpg

Upcoming to do is AGAIN replace the new Bosch fuel pump/sender assembly. The check valve quit working with less than 500 miles on it. Insane. Off comes the skid plate, the receiver hitch, the tank straps, and all the other stuff that needs to come off to drop the tank yet again. Really disappointed with Bosch's build quality these days. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting close to wrapping up on this XJ... Need to finish placing all exterior trim, decals, and emblems. But here's how she stands currently. New BFG A/T's & Ravine's going on next.

IMG_6602.jpg

IMG_6601.jpg

IMG_6607.jpg

Interior is complete... Door panels installed.

IMG_6589.jpg

IMG_6591.jpg

Got the new rim/ tire combo on... The rears show before, and fronts after. The stance and larger meats on this XJ are spot-on for my taste. 

IMG_6625.jpg

IMG_6627.jpg

The 1" rear wheel spacers shove the rear tires out but not too much. Like the MJ, I like to have the tires more or less even with the flares.

IMG_6633.jpg

And lastly all Jeep lettering is in place.

IMG_6632.jpg

IMG_6630.jpg

Just a few more things to do before I can call this project done -- Learned today for any of you with 97+ XJ's running factory fog lights/ wiring -- when you install the IPF headlight wiring upgrade it doesn't play nice with the high beam headlight switch. Meaning when you turn of the high beams or flash to pass they stay on until you turn the lights off entirely. At first, I was going to pull the trigger wire under the PDC for the fog to high beam sense at 'Fog Light Relay 1', but decided to instead cut the pin off a relay. A lot easier and simpler to undo.

23 hours ago, Gjeep said:

Got the new rim/ tire combo on... The rears show before, and fronts after. The stance and larger meats on this XJ are spot-on for my taste. 

IMG_6625.jpg

IMG_6627.jpg

The 1" rear wheel spacers shove the rear tires out but not too much. Like the MJ, I like to have the tires more or less even with the flares.

IMG_6633.jpg

And lastly all Jeep lettering is in place.

IMG_6632.jpg

IMG_6630.jpg

Just a few more things to do before I can call this project done -- Learned today for any of you with 97+ XJ's running factory fog lights/ wiring -- when you install the IPF headlight wiring upgrade it doesn't play nice with the high beam headlight switch. Meaning when you turn of the high beams or flash to pass they stay on until you turn the lights off entirely. At first, I was going to pull the trigger wire under the PDC for the fog to high beam sense at 'Fog Light Relay 1', but decided to instead cut the pin off a relay. A lot easier and simpler to undo.

that tire size looks perfect on your XJ. That's one sweet ride!