Some dash mods

Just thought I’d post up some mod ideas for the dash. Here is what I’ve done so far. 
Double din CarPlay receiver

120mph police pkg speedo (will eventually do custom gauge faces to match to other gauges)

cigarette lighter area converted to switch pod for lockers with oem switches. 

I’ll make a custom switch panel for the tranny and compressor or I may delete the tranny comfort switch and just wire it up for power all the time. Then I would do rock lights and compressor. The nice thing is that all the symbols and switches are completely oem looking with flow through and all. Very happy with how this turned out. 

7A96986B-0E29-4DE6-99F7-A1E3A40AEDAA.jpeg

A7AC40A3-1AE0-40EA-A91A-035BD312439F.jpeg

1CF8DB02-B20E-4933-9F0D-3B4FF1A46C71.jpeg

How did you do the graphics?   They look very OEM.👍

Suggestion: you need some black screws to hold on the bottom instrument panel cover to make it a bit more finished.  If you cannot find any on Guam, let me know what size/length you need.  I might have some I can send you.

3 hours ago, AZJeff said:

How did you do the graphics?   They look very OEM.👍

Suggestion: you need some black screws to hold on the bottom instrument panel cover to make it a bit more finished.  If you cannot find any on Guam, let me know what size/length you need.  I might have some I can send you.

Are you referring to the switch cover bezels with the symbols? I’ve been reproducing them in the vendors section for some time now. 
Good call on those stupid self tapping screws. I’ll be removing that trim piece to fix some cracks in it at some point and will swap those out.

5 hours ago, Limeyjeeper said:

Looks good. Love the carbon fiber look on the cluster.

Thanks! I kept the other bezel from the police package model also which is all black. At some point I’m going to do some custom gauge faces to match everything together. I was about to go with a new 12” Holley pro dash but this looks good for now. Trying to stay true to the “resto-mod” theme. 

1 hour ago, Muncher said:

Very nice. I wish they made 120 speedos in the cable style 

I believe 92 was the first year for the police package XJ. You could definitely swap in the speed sensor for a 91-92 mj and have an electric speedo. There’s also plenty of room for custom gauges in the cluster if you wanted. 

6 hours ago, Pete M said:

the possibilities are endless :D 

For this setup I actually trimmed and molded a switch trim holder from the left of the column and molded it into the actual bezel overlay. I have a hot knife setup now with plastic shaping tools that works very well for these kind of things. The cutout for the cigarette lighter is slightly smaller than the ones for the switch panels but there is still plenty of room to fit them in nicely. Was also looking at the clock area as a candidate but had just swapped in a really nice 91 clock. I’m going to install a Zeitronics logger and program my ECU so I wanted to mount the logger display in the dash in one of the clock panel windows. Hopefully o can get that to come out nice and clean.

12 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

I believe 92 was the first year for the police package XJ. You could definitely swap in the speed sensor for a 91-92 mj and have an electric speedo. There’s also plenty of room for custom gauges in the cluster if you wanted. 

Might have to look into doing thst