Parking brake assembly

Hi everyone 

I’m back with questions. I have an 87 L6 manual. 
the parking brake won’t catch anymore. I’m assuming the teeth on the catch are worn down. 
does someone make that part? Or has anyone else dealt with this?

thanks

There are two rivets that hold the whole unit together. One is a large one in the center that the pedal and teeth pivot on. The other is what the “pawl” pivots on. The lower one is normally a bit loose and gets blamed a lot for a the brake popping loose but the upper one is the real key. It sandwiches the gear plate and keeps it aligned with the pawl. If you have a dremel, press and some patience you can get the catch mechanism working right again. Also, replace the pawl spring with something much stronger. It needs to be 1” long overall or slightly shorter and have a hook on each end.

I’ve been collecting these units for a few months now to start rebuilding and selling them in a core exchange basis. It’s a bit on the back burner but I could probably whip one up for you in about a week or so and you can send me your old unit as a core. Was originally planning on doing these after the hvac panels but work is starting to dry up a bit so I may have some time for both. 

19 hours ago, rylee144 said:

search this site is to google comancheclub then what ever your looking for

Not to be pedantic (ok, thats exactly what I am being) but the best search is to type "site:comancheclub.com *search string*" into google without the "" and obviously changing out *search string* with whatever you want to find. That will limit all results to this domain.