C101 Delete

So I've had random issues with my electrical system for some time. Mostly when I go through mud/deep water or if it rains. I decided to delete the C101 and made sure to clean the connector and complete one wire at a time. I cranked the truck yesterday and its missing now. I'm certain that the wires were installed correctly but nothing is 100%.

Could the C101 cause a miss?

I'm going to run back through the wires tonight to ensure they a matching.

I’ve located those wires but the connects still look like bare copper. I’m going splice while I’m there. I ran back through my wiring, comparing the stub wires from the c101 connector and it looks correct.

I replace motor mounts at the same time and jacked the engine up 2”. Looks like I may have cracked the Map sensor line. Could that cause a miss?

30 minutes ago, Fryedaddy said:

Looks like I may have cracked the Map sensor line. Could that cause a miss?

Yes! That was the issue with my blue truck. Fixing that should get you running right again.

17 hours ago, JMO413 said:

That will definitely cause problems.

http://cruiser54.com/?p=280

Here's the cruiser tip to fix it for good.

while you're at it, clean the ports on the tb, on my 87 2.5 AW4 the port on the tb from the valve cover was so clogged up, it took me the better part of an hour to coax that stuff out. when done, idle along with all running conditions was 110% better.

On 3/6/2021 at 9:54 AM, 54bobby said:

while you're at it, clean the ports on the tb, on my 87 2.5 AW4 the port on the tb from the valve cover was so clogged up, it took me the better part of an hour to coax that stuff out. when done, idle along with all running conditions was 110% better.

Thank you

On 3/9/2021 at 8:52 PM, zomeizter said:

Does the C101 apply to an '86? Is this the main connector going into the cab?

Edit: I believe the c101 was only for 87 and 88 which relates to engine controls. The c100 below goes to the cab behind the fuse box. 

AA130208-4A22-4F94-AB97-CC68B144606C.jpeg.675e7a17335b88f745a228ef9bc7130b.jpeg

Looks the the California 2.8s had a similar functioning connector called the c1 and c2 for engine controls but they plug directly into a Computer Command Control Module which I’m assuming is similar to an ecu.

image.jpg.db43650b41ccbd6b578dd0a276c0c260.jpg

Edited by BeaterComanche86
Spoke to soon

12 hours ago, BeaterComanche86 said:

Edit: I believe the c101 was only for 87 and 88 which relates to engine controls. The c100 below goes to the cab behind the fuse box. 

Yes.  For what it's worth, when I swapped a 4.0 into my 87 2.5L MJ, I used an 89 MJ engine wiring harness.  It plugged right into my 2.5 interior harness/C100 connector, and it also eliminated the dreaded C101 altogether.  When I saw the thread title, I thought that's what the OP did also and was talking about.  Swapping the whole underhood harness might not be an option for everyone, but it's the best way to get rid of the C101 once and for all.