1JTMG64I9HT088705

scaleless

1116159112_20190921_122149copycopy.jpg.d47a496a6aa9007e4e36b0ec3a4d1ae5.jpg

'87 SporTruck, Champagne Metallic, Tan interior

Originally 4.0L, column-shift AW4, 2WD, D35 rear

Now 4.7L, AX-15, NP231, D35 rear, D30 CAD

Currently a project in Denham Springs, LA

Door sticker is long gone

Was left to die in a field for 4 years after being flooded over the roof and under water for days.  I'm dumb and crazy so I just saw that as an opportunity to blow more money on it lol

I'm the third owner from what I've been told, and the first owner had it all the way up until 2015

1569670847_20190921_184341copy.jpg.8288234d3d4da968df31974d509b178a.jpg

Only a light dusting of mud!  The color matches the interior nicely.  The smell, however...

That looks like a good truck to play with! When you say 4.7L, are you talking about a 4.0 stroked to 4.7 or Jeep's 4.7 V8? Either way, I'm scared for that D35. 

It looks like a fairly well optioned SporTruck. Tilt column, cargo lamp, vent windows. 

Are those factory running boards?

4.7 Stroker, yeah.  And I'm definitely swapping those axles out as soon as possible - I'm focused on ironing out the truck and getting it in good running condition first.  Aside from the drivetrain, the truck is pretty much bare at the moment, inside and out.   There's work to do!

To the best of my knowledge, those are original running boards.  There are also holes in the bed that line up exactly with the mounting holes for factory bedside rails, so I expect they came with the truck as well, or at least were installed at some point.

654212770_20190921_122205copy.jpg.20eaf625ed54dd05f64dad288d7cda30.jpg

Build Date: 1/13/87

Body: tl61

Selling Dealer: PRICE LEBLANC INC

Gonzales, LA

*X1 DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE -YY DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE ADA Light Group
APA Monotone Paint AWJ Visibility / Protection Group BCQ 750 Amp Maintenance Free Battery
CBA Straight Back Bench Seat CGX RR Head Restraints Outboard Seating DGS 4-Speed Automatic AW4 Transmission
ERB 4.0L I6 MPI Engine GAC Tinted Glass Windows GEC Front Left Side Sliding Window
GTZ Manual Remote Mirrors HAA Air Conditioning HCC Do Not Use - See HCA
JHA Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers JJA Cigar Lighter LBB Courtesy Lamps
LDA Underhood Lamp LMA Halogen Headlamps LPE Cargo Lamp
MBJ Black Bumper MD8 Delete Front License Plate Bracket NAA Federal Emissions
PXH Paint QXH Paint RCA Radio
SBA Power Steering SUA Tilt Steering Column TBB Full Size Spare Tire
TBL Inside Mounted Spare Tire WMC Open 3LR DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE

Thanks for the info, jdog!  The dealership that originally sold the truck is now a Toyota/Lexus dealer, funny enough.  Truck's spent its whole life in the same spot, though.

Regarding the build thread, I've started it:

And the running boards?  Don't worry, they're going nowhere!  They're absolutely immaculate, somehow.