Help Videos

89 MJ

What help videos should be created for showing how to use features on this site? I have already done creating/editing a signature, editing a post, and uploading pictures. Are there any other videos that should be made?

Using the feature to reuse a photo/video without taking away for your allotted storage space.

Goto:

Other Media (lower right corner of this responds box)

Select "Insert existing attachment"

If you name your photo/video with a easily remembered file name the search function works well.

33 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

Using the feature to reuse a photo/video without taking away for your allotted storage space.

Goto:

Other Media (lower right corner of this responds box)

Select "Insert existing attachment"

If you name your photo/video with a easily remembered file name the search function works well.

Interesting. I didn't even know that. I will be sure to experiment with that some and then create the video on it. Thank you!

9 hours ago, 89 MJ said:
9 hours ago, Dzimm said:

How to use the search function would be a good one.

It would. I'll see about coming up with a video for that one.

If you are already doing this I would recommend a small bit about using the "site:comancheclub.com *search string*" feature on google. I am more likely to use that than anything else. Even for things not comancheclub related, like limiting results to a certain journal, etc.

2 hours ago, JustEmptyEveryPocket said:

If you are already doing this I would recommend a small bit about using the "site:comancheclub.com *search string*" feature on google. I am more likely to use that than anything else. Even for things not comancheclub related, like limiting results to a certain journal, etc.

I can go that. Thanks for the idea!

3 hours ago, JustEmptyEveryPocket said:

This 100%. Way too many people don't know about search operators, and the site:comancheclub.com trick on Google is usually more effective than the built in search on any given website anyway. You can also search for "exact phrases" or -subtract -words. You can also search for one thing | another (logical OR)

https://moz.com/learn/seo/search-operators