Comanche seats

:yeahthat:

It's not a huge deal if the seats don't fold forward if you aren't going to drive the truck much, but that space is very valuable in my truck as I do drive my truck every day in the summer and I use just about all of the cab space that there is.

2 hours ago, schardein said:

Just be aware that MJ bucket seats and 2 door XJ bucket seats have the fold forward feature.  4 door XJ front seats do not fold forward.

...but the individual parts (frame, upholstery, foam, side bolsters) are all mix-and-match within the 1984-1994 time frame, so a 2-door XJ (or MJ) seat with destroyed upholstery can be combined with a 4 door XJ seat's good upholstery. Non-bolstered seats can be converted to bolstered seats as well.

Probably good to take the upholstery off a new-to-you seat and run it through the wash anyway. Who knows what kind of gross crap the previous owners subjected it to.

2 hours ago, Minuit said:

...but the individual parts (frame, upholstery, foam, side bolsters) are all mix-and-match within the 1984-1994 time frame, so a 2-door XJ (or MJ) seat with destroyed upholstery can be combined with a 4 door XJ seat's good upholstery. Non-bolstered seats can be converted to bolstered seats as well.

Probably good to take the upholstery off a new-to-you seat and run it through the wash anyway. Who knows what kind of gross crap the previous owners subjected it to.

That's exactly what I did to end up with my buckets.  Seat frames from a 2dr XJ, headrests from another XJ, 2 upper fabrics and one lower from another, and the driver bottom from a 4th.  

IMG_6894.jpg

I used XJ seats in my MJ. They work great, they just don't fold forward.  I just get behind the seats from the other side of the truck. It's a minor pain, but not that bad to gain access behind the seat(s). But how often do I really need to get behind the seats?