86 XLS to Farm truck?

So long story, but I’ll be brief as possible. Back when I had my 89 I had an old friend that tried to sell me an 86 XLS LWB 2.8 auto 4x4. Well 6 ish years later I bought the 86, it’s a bit rougher looking outside than it was then and has had a 3.4 swapped in but not finished. It’s a complete truck though and will be a partial donor for the 87 4.0 Pioneer I am building. Mostly the interior since the XLS has buckets. Once all the interior swapping is done and I get the Pioneer completed enough to be a daily driver. I’ll focus on getting the 3.4 swap completed and decide exactly where the XLS build will go. Initial thoughts are to keep it looking basically stock with a bench seat interior. 

ill get it added to the registry soon.

EE518022-4322-4F87-B743-D22CF9B60A49.jpeg

A598DB80-6679-42D4-8761-DCE8705FD59D.jpeg

E109545B-B765-4C9F-91E8-4DF247F89D5F.jpeg

878932E1-E66F-420D-884D-A0B9B4E53C26.jpeg

92D9BFFC-117C-48A7-817B-943BDE81D121.jpeg

5748E21D-3E8C-4469-B84B-3F3CC208B538.jpeg

AF5DB3B0-A128-4D51-B3B1-D0096BA0BFA9.jpeg

3DE672BE-F40E-4C48-AD57-F38B8B057839.jpeg

1 minute ago, Jesse J said:

why are there 2 different comanche badges and what's the rhyme or reason they are on whatever truck?

thats the x package badges. 

good looking truck. i bet look real nice if you get it a powerwash. look forward to build up. 

11 hours ago, Pete M said:

my new goal in life is to narrow down the transition point. :D  gone through a few in the registry and so far all that have pics and haven't been thoroughly altered have the all-caps emblem

also, I wouldn't move the cargo light to your 87, I'd get a more modern version from another brand truck for the 87.  something that puts out better light.  :L: 

After sleeping on it I am siding with you and will likely leave the cargo light where it’s at. I am thinking some leds for the 87 similar to what Ford has done with the F150 inside the bed.

5 minutes ago, CGCWO said:

After sleeping on it I am siding with you and will likely leave the cargo light where it’s at. I am thinking some leds for the 87 similar to what Ford has done with the F150 inside the bed.

that sounds like a great idea.  :L:  I've been trying to find a way to do something similar with my MJ trailer but the dang over-the-rail bedliner is in the way and I haven't come up with a good alternative yet.  :fistshake2:  the old bed lights are super cool on a restored truck, but they honestly kinda suck when it comes to being useful. :doh:

4 minutes ago, Pete M said:

that sounds like a great idea.  :L:  I've been trying to find a way to do something similar with my MJ trailer but the dang over-the-rail bedliner is in the way and I haven't come up with a good alternative yet.  :fistshake2:  the old bed lights are super cool on a restored truck, but they honestly kinda suck when it comes to being useful. :doh:

Once I get the details figured out I’ll put it in a separate thread on the DYI section.

9 hours ago, Fernando87mj said:

She’s a beauty, wish you lived closer , I’d trade my bench for those buckets :brows:

The buckets and all of he interior are going in my 87 and the bench and interior from it going into the 86. 

Because I am building the 87 as a DD and the 86 has a long way to go to get it mechanically sound. Not sure about the 3.4 swap that the previous owner started. Also a SWB truck should have buckets a LWB is more suited to a bench in my opinion. 

All in all it’s just my preference for my two builds.