XJ front lift on a MJ?

Hello, 

Now that my MJ is in good running order I am looking to lift it as my winter project. My goal is to have 35-37 inch tires and ample flex for off-roading. I have a Dana 44 out of another MJ, currently looking for a front 44. I will be building both front and rear axles. I’m going to do a SOA, which from my understanding gives me 5.5-6 inches of lift. My question is, can I say buy the front part only of a RE long arm lift kit for an XJ and would that work for my MJ? Or is it more worth to piece together my own lift “kit”? I understand that it will be more to buy from RE or other well known companies but the convince of it appeals to me. But will the front half of a XJ lift kit work? Thank you for all the help 

Most of the XJ stuff will bolt on if not all. The stock lower control arm brackets have an extra reinforcement which is a little harder to cut off than an XJ. The trans crossmember has extra inner bolts on the inside of the frame rails. I don’t think that will be a problem. The MJ is a spring under. The XJ is spring over. I believe the MJ springs are longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk