Wheel Restoration - Turbines

First off, all I did to restore these was to drop them off and pick them up ... and find the right place to do it of course.

I had been looking for a set of Turbines for my '88 Eliminator since I bought it just over 3+ years ago.   They're hard to find around here for some reason.   A Kijiji listing came up about a month ago and for $100 CDN (about $75 US) I picked up a set of 4 that were in rough shape.   

I took them to a local wheel refinishing shop (Carcone's in Aurora, Ontario if anyone is close by and interested) and what they did was ... media blast them / paint them silver / machine the originally polished surfaces in a lathe just enough to remove the pits / powder coat them with clear.   The cost for this was $125 CDN (about $95 US) per wheel.   I've had rough MOAB wheels powder coated for $100 CDN ea. so this seemed quite reasonable.   

Here's how they turned out and if anyone has a lead on a set of caps, I'd be interested in them.   

20-09-27 8.JPG

20-10-23 7.JPG

20-10-23 3.JPG

1 hour ago, schardein said:

Those look great, money well spent for the results.

I agree.   I don't know if you can even get new wheels, other than steel, for a modern car for $100 or so.   Obviously you can't get Turbines!  I know you can get MOAB replicas, and they're good, but they cost more than it did to refinish these ones.   

If you have a keystone parts facility near you you can check to see if they have any wheels in stock. You would be surprised at what they carry.20200903_113451.jpg.b5a35a3762815f411e742c1722c6fb65.jpg

I got 3 of them through keystone from my work for less than 150 a wheel.

I had to send a core out but they ones i had where rough to say the least. Made yours look good. Lol

That looks great ... perfect actually!  I'm not sure if there is a Keystone facility near me.   To be honest I haven't heard of them.   At >$150 US (>$197 CDN to me) that's a lot.

If you're supplying cores they must be refinishing wheels. Do you know how they do it?