Jeep Wagoneer Limited

Hey,

I have an interest in a 1990 Jeep Wagoneer Limited (XJ style) with the 4.0 and a AW4 with 4x4 command trac. Exterior needs some cosmetic work but no rust.

Has about 187k miles. Guy is asking around $4000.

Fair or what do you guys think it's worth? I have a 1990 MJ but I don't know much about the Wagoneer XJ models (same engine and transmission as my MJ)

Honestly, I bought chunk for $3k...sometimes I feel I paid too much but its one of those when will you see an 84 model again. Other than being an XJ with quad headlights and rear red lights and power everything and being a low price SJ, its the same as anything else in the Renix era. 

16 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Honestly, I bought chunk for $3k...sometimes I feel I paid too much but its one of those when will you see an 84 model again. Other than being an XJ with quad headlights and rear headlights and power everything and being a low price SJ, its the same as anything else in the Renix era. 

Gotcha, thanks for the advice! 

imo 4 grand is a lot to ask for a non-perfect XJ with that many miles. :dunno:

but rustfree Jeeps in the rust belt always pull a premium.

pull up the carpet and verify that "rustfree" claim before buying. :L:   XJs are no different than MJs and I've see really clean Jeeps with more hole than floor.  :( 

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

imo 4 grand is a lot to ask for a non-perfect XJ with that many miles. :dunno:

but rustfree Jeeps in the rust belt always pull a premium.

pull up the carpet and verify that "rustfree" claim before buying. :L:   XJs are no different than MJs and I've see really clean Jeeps with more hole than floor.  :( 

Thanks! Will definitely pull carpet to check floor pans.

Was trying to get for between $2500 and $3000, we shall see

when i had gotten my first jeep, waz a wagoneer limited. loved but not the woodgrain. i was young and dumb, peeled it and trashed. my first experience with death wobble. my dad and i picked it up for 2k soon after y2k. i never appreciated it for what it was but i loved the seats. they hugged me and made me feel loved. :shaking: 

Did you make a decision on whether or not you are getting it?

Personally, mileage doesn't matter to me if it is rust free. I would rather replace u-joints, suspension parts, bushings, etc. than need to do bodywork. What would your plan be with the vehicle? I ask because many of us lift our Jeeps and ditch the stock suspension, so having a low mileage suspension doesn't really matter.