No start

Changed from column shift to a tilt column same year 89. Turn the key to start and nothing. Tried a new ignition switch and still the same result. Battery cables are not very old and are clean. Of course no issues with starting before I changed the columns. I can R&R almost anything but my diagnostics skills are definitely lacking. Any idea what check next?

Sorry should've given more information. Lights and gauge needles move like normal. Using the "new" column switch and the after market switch is for the tilt column. I tried to use the fixed column but it wouldn't fit, hence the new switch.

• 4 months later...

First of all let me thank you all for the advice given in this thread. Finally got some time and the weather was cooperative. Started out with a video from Nickintime about the starter relay and after some testing that wasn't the issue. Had no power from the ignition switch to the relay which led me to the NSS. I jumpered B&C with a paperclip and got it to turn over finally. Have an extra one cleaned up and ready to go on. Just figured I should revisit this thread to help anyone else that might have this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

First off, I know little about how the NSS works in a Comanche, but it sounds like the linkage is slightly out of adjustment. Most likely happened when you swapped columns. If a switch is plugged in, and worked by hand will it start?

Ok so I was able to start the jeep with this spare NSS. The pin that the NSS attaches to is pointed straight up when in park. The position's that it starts in look more like 1st and 3rd or Drive maybe. Can you put them back together wrong? Tried the same thing with the original NSS that came off the trans didn't work in any position even after cleaning it up.

IMG_20210205_163548[1].jpg

IMG_20210205_163628[1].jpg