Street Comanche #25

fiatslug87

This information is from TheJeepNut's Zoho.com site. Thanks to TheJeepNut for allowing us to use his content.

Shown here in an online ad, bowing from Harrisonville, IL, this beauty was sold to a gentleman in Oklahoma in 2004.
Seems fairly unmolested.
Has a tan interior. Wheels may have been changed. They look similar to Enkei Sawblades, but hard to tell from this pic.
No sunroof, but she has a sliding rear window.
Still, only approx. 80k miles on this Jeep (original drivetrain) in May 2010 when I heard from the current owner.
And it's For Sale again!... $2500 and you can drive it home from McAlester, OK!
SOLD: 2015Apr04
Just heard from a gentleman that bought #25 from the firefighter in OK.  They are co-workers.  He is now in the process of rebuilding.  Apparently the years had taken their toll on #25 and it needs a fair amount of refurbishing. 
Super happy to hear that the new owner is in the mood to keep her Street 'n neat and not buying it to throw mudders on.
And once again...
I got an email sometime in 2017 I think, from a gentleman that I think was the owner mentioned above....
I have #25 and me and my father rebuilt the cosmetics as well as some here and there work under the hood. It's ground effects have been restored and all the plastic interior as well we've added our own touch with black and red bucket seats, 4 point seat belts, New carpet, and led bed lights,flood lights, and headlights. We put 8 months of work in on her and she turns heads when you hear the original v6 in her. We also have her some new racing tires and rims to accompany the new paint job. Unfortunately, I've decided to sell her because my mother is deploying to Bangladesh and I have priorities that need to be met.... but I will send some pictures of her when contacted. Hate to see her go but hopefully the next owner of #25 will cruise her through the streets showing her off. ...
As someone noted in a song once, I'm a poor, poor, correspondent...  Just find that life is way too busy for all my interests.  I have just made an attempt to follow up but have no idea at this point where ol' #25 has disappeared to.  Hopefully I'll get a response.

Harrisonburg, IL.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Haven't been logged in since at least 2013 since I had a message from a guy about some parts he wanted off a mj I parted out 🤣. Anyways I posted on fb looking for a street MJ for sale. About to do a built LS3 stroker in my current and wanted to try and find one once again. This guy contacted me said he may sell his but isn't posting it publicly. If this TJ I have sells today I may go get it. Although this makes me question the authenticity basically. I asked him what number it was and pic of the tag now that I've seen this. We shall see. It does seem like the tag was just lost in the restoration if it's no longer on it. 

3 hours ago, Huntingman2706217 said:

Haven't been logged in since at least 2013 since I had a message from a guy about some parts he wanted off a mj I parted out 🤣. Anyways I posted on fb looking for a street MJ for sale. About to do a built LS3 stroker in my current and wanted to try and find one once again. This guy contacted me said he may sell his but isn't posting it publicly. If this TJ I have sells today I may go get it. Although this makes me question the authenticity basically. I asked him what number it was and pic of the tag now that I've seen this. We shall see. It does seem like the tag was just lost in the restoration if it's no longer on it. 

the vin might help with determining it's authenticity. :L:  but either way it's a sweet truck. :D 

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Huntingman2706217 said:

Was there ever a determination on if the VINs even played a roll in these? 

we don't have enough of them to pull a real determination, but they are all 87s which will most definitely pop up from the VIN.  :L: 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm the guy that bought it in Oklahoma. Truck was changed quite a bit from original. Interior was changed from brown to grey/black. (They did poor job of changing the interior.) Bedliner was applied to all the SC body parts. I'll kill person next person who does that. Real pain in the butt removing that crap. Tag was most likely removed and broken or lost when they painted dash grey. Basic mechanics were ignored in favor of doing kid stuff. It took a lot of work to make it road worthy. (I almost rear ended a semi on way home from OK. No brakes!) Archer Brothers owned a chain of auto parts stores and started racing MJ's when the 4.0 came out. The package was a collaboration between them and California dealership(s). Possibly Bakersfield, CA. I suspect they were sold by multiple dealerships owned by the same person. I think it would be difficult for 1 dealer to sell up to 100 in a year. AMC was not involved in the production, but I think did take notice and released Eliminator package in 88. I had no interest in building another street truck, but bought it to save from it from the idiots. I may have it sold to buyer who can finish the project.