Air stopped blowing suddenly

First off I assume your vehicle has AC. With KEY ON and D236 disconnected, D236_D should have Battery voltage (B+) on that pin. If it does then we can bypass the AC Mode Select Switch by using a jumper wire between D236_D and D236_E to see if Blower Motor spins.

4 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

First off I assume your vehicle has AC. With KEY ON and D236 disconnected, D236_D should have Battery voltage (B+) on that pin. If it does then we can bypass the AC Mode Select Switch by using a jumper wire between D236_D and D236_E to see if Blower Motor spins.

This is where I’m at. Am I close?

image.jpg

I see it tight in there. I'm using the 88 Electrical Manual and looking at your past postings, you got 89. I'm assuming (again) they are the same. But I don't see C236. If you can't find it or its not on the 89 vehicles, we can try testing at C235 (brown 5_pin).

4 hours ago, Ωhm said:

Even with that connector disconnected you still should have LOW speed on the Blower Motor.

So, as-is I should be able to turn the key and have air on low? 

4 hours ago, jdog said:

if theres heat there, theres heat at the resistor , check the connector there as well, little confused, you said relay first then resistor, which one was replaced?

Please forgive me, when I said relay I meant resistor. I replaced the small rectangle piece under the passenger dash with the coiled metal design. 

• 4 weeks later...

So I am absolutely confused on this issue.  I have ordered a new blower control switch (for behind the dash panel) and a new connector (in case of mine being melted) on the advice of many of you above.  I have read up on adding relays around the connection at the resistor to assist in managing electric flow in the future, and had ordered parts to begin that modification.  I went to work on replacing said parts above, tested the air one final time before opening up the dash, and it works!

What is happening that would cause unpredictable electric current to components some days, and no current on other days.  There appears to be no correlation between temperature as I am in south FL....

Dude, I had a similar issue with my blower fan working intermittently and drove me nuts for a good minute. The fuse ended up being the culprit, but not because it was blown, it was actually corroded preventing any current flow whatsoever. A quick fuse cleaning with some sand paper and I was back in business...

20 hours ago, zomeizter said:

Dude, I had a similar issue with my blower fan working intermittently and drove me nuts for a good minute. The fuse ended up being the culprit, but not because it was blown, it was actually corroded preventing any current flow whatsoever. A quick fuse cleaning with some sand paper and I was back in business...

Ha!  No way, I will try that, thank you so much!