1JTHW6413HT002681

87ComancheMJ

1987 Jeep Comanche

2.5l, 5 speed, 2wd, D35

Build date: Previous owner painted over sticker

Current Location: Lycoming County, PA

Current owner: Me

Notes: Stickers all over and silver with a red hood. Just bought recently and will be bringing it back to proper condition. Interior has no carpet and some seats out of something, not sure what.

IMG_20200807_211041_045.jpg

*X8 SEATS - CLOTH LOW-BACK BUCKET
-Y1  
APA MONOTONE PAINT PACKAGE
CAC BUCKET SEAT - LO BK
CGW  
DDJ 5SPD MANUAL TRANS A881 (JA-41)
EPD ENGINE - 2.5L I4 TBI GAS
GSC MIRROR - RIGHT BLACK
HCC HEATER W/UPR LEVEL VENTIL - TYPE II
JJA CIGAR LIGHTER - FRT COMP
LAP FUEL ECONOMY SHIFT INDICATOR LIGHT
LMA HALOGEN HEADLAMPS
MDA FRT LICENSE PLATE ATTACH REQUIRED
NAA ESA W/CATALYST (EXC CALIF SYSTEM)
PE4 Colorado Red
QE4 Colorado Red
SBA POWER STEERING
WMC BASE WHEEL DRESS - UP (INCLS TRIM RING)

Build date 8/18/86

Body code TL61

Welcome to the club. Rear would be a Dana 35. The Dana 30 is the front axle. Looks like a nice start for sure. Be sure to add your information in your signature.

This let's everyone know what your working on when you post. 

3 hours ago, 87ComancheMJ said:

Thank you I was curious about that info.

there are way more codes than that, but this is all Chrysler has in their computers. :(  the older the MJ (meaning the AMC years), the less info we get back.  the later ones (the Chrysler years) have a muuuuuch longer list. 

16 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

Aside from the hood, does it have any remnants of being Colorado red anywhere?

Inside the cab and engine bay. Was a bad paint spray paint job and it is peeling in a lot of spots. Tailgate is not red it is black but not jet black almost like a really really dark gray borderline black.

16 hours ago, jdog said:

looks solid, your grill is upside down tho.

Welcome

Had not even noticed. Thank you, Looks like they just blasted screws into it wherever to keep it in place.

15 hours ago, Pete M said:

there are way more codes than that, but this is all Chrysler has in their computers. :(  the older the MJ (meaning the AMC years), the less info we get back.  the later ones (the Chrysler years) have a muuuuuch longer list. 

I ran mine on the jeep vin decoder by mistake and it came back a 2017 grand cherokee

1 hour ago, 87ComancheMJ said:

I ran mine on the jeep vin decoder by mistake and it came back a 2017 grand cherokee

Yeah that usually uses the last eight to pull options. We get the same thing but usually can pull the Comanche codes.

also you are welcome

1 hour ago, 87ComancheMJ said:

Inside the cab and engine bay. Was a bad paint spray paint job and it is peeling in a lot of spots. Tailgate is not red it is black but not jet black almost like a really really dark gray borderline black

Cool, just wanted confirmation on the color code..

I don't get how some 87-88's will pull a BE paint code but others(like mine) won't.

7 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

I don't get how some 87-88's will pull a BE paint code but others(like mine) won't.

Dunno, its strange, especially on one's that don't seem to give colors

12 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

I've seen several repaints of Colorado Red that look a bit too... vibrant.  way more eye-popping of a shade than my stock 88.  did something change at some point in time either in the codes or the shade of the color?

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

I've seen several repaints of Colorado Red that look a bit too... vibrant.  way more eye-popping of a shade than my stock 88.  did something change at some point in time either in the codes or the shade of the color?

All I can say is Chrysler changed the code of CR from AMC's BE to HE4 and I think Chryslers version of CR is a shade more vibrant than the AMC color but I am willing to bet though that the paint got darker with age. Actually if anything my floor boards looked exactly like what mine looks like now on the outside so I am not certain.

• 5 months later...