Glove box

2 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

ECU or TCU? Either way theres nothing behind the glove box. The TCU is behind the lower dash panel BELOW the glovebox and the ECU is up above the gas pedal.

Ohhh ok thank you that helps out alot. Is the tcu yellow or silver?

Thats your air box for the AC and heater core. The lower dash panel you took off should have the trans computer if you have an auto. Otherwise the ECU is on the drivers side under the dash above the gas pedal.(in your case its stillĀ attached to the dash)

17 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Thats your air box for the AC and heater core. The lower dash panel you took off should have the trans computer if you have an auto. Otherwise the ECU is on the drivers side under the dash above the gas pedal.(in your case its stillĀ attached to the dash)

Ohh ok that makes since. I do have a 5 speed. The ecu is the silver one right? Also what is the small yellow box under the dash

1 hour ago, Muncher said:

Ok so i was told one of the computers was under the glove box. But where is it? I have it stripped down to this and am not sure where it is.

Snapchat-1098259.jpg

Ā 

Your signature says you have a 5-speed. There's no TCU (Transmission Control Unit) for a manual transmission. Your ECU (Engine Control Unit) is on the driver's side, above the gas pedal.

1 minute ago, eaglescout526 said:

Nope, not kidding. Kinda took up as the knowledgeable one for factory cruise.

Oh well ok then. I didnt know it had that or even how to use it in my jeep. Itd probably help if it ran tho

You have a 5-speed truck - if you had an automatic there would be the silver transmission box (TCU) on the lower dash panel you pulled. The only other silver box Renix years which you have would be to the upper right of the steering column. This is the engine controller. The yellow box drivers side on the lower dash panel is the cruise control.