Buckets to bench.

Have read on here that the brackets are the same - so should be able to either take the brackets off of your buckets and use on the bench, or if you get a bench with brackets should bolt right up.

I'd be interested in the buckets and console.

1 minute ago, 88towmanche said:

Have read on here that the brackets are the same - so should be able to either take the brackets off of your buckets and use on the bench, or if you get a bench with brackets should bolt right up.

I'd be interested in the buckets and console.

Oh alright. If i do end up getting a bench soon ill message you about the seats and the console

an MJ bench will bolt right in. :L:   the tricky bit is the seatbelts.  as in, you've only got the 2, and the female ends have a sheath around them that can complicate inserting them through the bench

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

an MJ bench will bolt right in. :L:   the tricky bit is the seatbelts.  as in, you've only got the 2, and the female ends have a sheath around them that can complicate inserting them through the bench

So if i unbolted them then slipped them through the top would that be the tricky part?

3 hours ago, Muncher said:

So if i unbolted them then slipped them through the top would that be the tricky part?

The answer is yes it's all tricky if it's rusty lol. If you don't live in the rust belt then your already 2 steps ahead. The driver side nut nearest the floor hump tends to be the worst. After that one, same on the other side. The center female ends unbolt and slide out just like you thought. Don't forget to unplug the wire next to the bolt first. The buckets fit the same. You can find 2 door tilt xj and swap in mj bucket track assemblies. Seat frames are the same for both 2dr tilt xj up to like 94ish iirc or 4dr stationary non motorized seats. Any questions I'd be glad to answer. Krustyballer here located under the vendor section, sells excellent beef Mj specific seat brackets that can bolt to most 4 Dr xj seat tracks since they are the same for our trucks as well.

5 hours ago, Muncher said:

Piece of cake.

Where are you in New England? I have a bench seat in the basement that I wouldn't mind swapping for a pair of buckets and a console. I'm in south-central Connecticut.

11 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Piece of cake.

Where are you in New England? I have a bench seat in the basement that I wouldn't mind swapping for a pair of buckets and a console. I'm in south-central Connecticut.

I'm in rhode island. You have any pics of the bench

Idk about the center console but I'd also be interested in the bucket seat.

EDIT: I'm not sure how to delete the post so I'm just editing it but I realized I wouldn't be able to afford what those are worth, I'm on a small budget as I'm still in Highschool.

Edited by Warren99
Change of mind

20 hours ago, Warren99 said:

Idk about the center console but I'd also be interested in the bucket seat.

EDIT: I'm not sure how to delete the post so I'm just editing it but I realized I wouldn't be able to afford what those are worth, I'm on a small budget as I'm still in Highschool.

I'm also still in high school😂 

There is really a cable and spring. I'm sure I could round one up. The extra sliding mechanism could be simply cut and removed to be out of the way but it would be simpler to sell or trade yours and a waste to hack them up. Most guys prefer the bucket sliders over bench and swap to buckets. So yours are in demand. List them for sale or trade in the classifieds. You'll get responses, believe me. I can check but I'm sure I'm stacked with several bench sets of sliders. I can either remove the floor brackets to sell or combine 2 sets of bench to make a bucket set with minor work. I have soo many piles at this point of seat tracks, floor brackets, etc., I should be set for my next 9 lives.

1 hour ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

There is really a cable and spring. I'm sure I could round one up. The extra sliding mechanism could be simply cut and removed to be out of the way but it would be simpler to sell or trade yours and a waste to hack them up. Most guys prefer the bucket sliders over bench and swap to buckets. So yours are in demand. List them for sale or trade in the classifieds. You'll get responses, believe me. I can check but I'm sure I'm stacked with several bench sets of sliders. I can either remove the floor brackets to sell or combine 2 sets of bench to make a bucket set with minor work. I have soo many piles at this point of seat tracks, floor brackets, etc., I should be set for my next 9 lives.

Ok so you do have bench sliders? Where are you located.

8 hours ago, jazzyjeeper said:

Following! I'm about to try swapping a bench in where my bucket seats currently are too.

there's at least one writeup on using a 90s Dakota split bench in the link in my signature :L: 

9 hours ago, Pete M said:

there's at least one writeup on using a 90s Dakota split bench in the link in my signature :L: 

Nice! Just checked out the Dakota writeups. Lucky for me, my friend pulled a bench out of another Manche. Hoping it'll go in easy :D