Metric Ton MJ or Green XJ

89 MJ

I want to start by blaming Pete, Red Mistress, and eagslescout526 for making me realize I want to do this. 

I am casually looking to buy a mostly stock LWB Metric Ton Comanche. Minimal rust would be great and I’m not afraid to travel for one. Paint condition doesn’t matter either, so long as it is straight (I have a passenger door and fender to put on if those are damaged) Transmission doesn’t matter much to me. I prefer an 91-92 but would be okay with any year, so long as it is a Metric Ton. 

My plans with this truck are to get to get a bunch of factory accessories to put on it. 

I do do have a restored (my dad restored cars for a living, so this was a professional job) SWB 89 4x4 with a 4.0 and a 5 speed and a 3 inch lift (pictured below) I’d trade for one with cash on your end, otherwise I will be listing it for $12,000 once I 96 swap it. 

Note, I’m not looking for a perfect truck, but I don’t want some cheap repaint or trail rig. 

I just want a Metric Ton LWB because a little more bed space would be nice, and the higher towing capacity too. 

I want a black XJ to make a Goonies replica. 

CBE992FD-0E38-4263-A917-5B2F54B589C8.jpeg.fa404cfc618eed830451c006c1e9b501.jpeg

51671C57-89AB-4C34-98C2-77BB5C5685C1.jpeg.5ee520f8453d9b3894910f2164f31f0e.jpeg

5A994D61-C9E6-49F5-A41C-5F045CD37B50.jpeg.daff3e9502ca3461a8a3c0a13f3cbfd5.jpeg

26 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Lol what did I do? As for the goonies replica the XJ was actually green and you'll want an '84 but it doesn't have to be as 84-85's seem to be few and far between.

Ohhh, green! I love green. 

You and your Little Red makes we want to build an MJ with a bunch of factory accessories. 

39 minutes ago, Pete M said:

it's definitely not my fault they are addictive.  :laugh:

Fair enough. But you kept reminding me!

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

well, I mean it's obvious that you need different MJs for different purposes.  :D  can't have just one.

That is for sure. I think I would need to live in them if I had as many as I wanted though. 

7 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

You and your Little Red makes we want to build an MJ with a bunch of factory accessories. 

Lol fair enough. But Pete is right, its obvious youll need another MJ for just riding around town in with factory options and stats. XJ I'm kinda doin the same way. I have a cargo cover for the rear, spare tire carrier(thanks to you and Gjeep) OEM mud flaps(New style sadly, itll look wrong but ill rectify it by painting on the AMC logo.) and hopefully a brush guard like the one in goonies or an OEM one. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure I remember an MT up for sale lately.  usually it's "I just bought this!" meaning the rest of us missed out on it. :doh:  you can replicate it easy enough on any MJs though.  :L:  It's just a suspension package.  it won't be original of course, but it'll be close. 

37 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I'm not sure I remember an MT up for sale lately.  usually it's "I just bought this!" meaning the rest of us missed out on it. :doh:  you can replicate it easy enough on any MJs though.  :L:  It's just a suspension package.  it won't be original of course, but it'll be close. 

If I were to replicate one, it would snowball and become like the truck above. I want a truck that I can not worry about, I beat on the blue one more than I should.