"Clicking" noise in front end.

Sorry... 88 4x4 Pioneer package

In my experience, if it is a wheel bearing, the noise changes when you load and unload it.

I was leaning toward the u joint, but it feels tight. There is no difference if the steering is adjusted in any direction. I pulled the wheel, checked the brake caliper, hub feels tight with no play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would suspect that u joint, you can have someone spin it and recreate the noise while listening for it with a piece of hose or a stethoscope to verify where the noise is at.

If the u joint is gone enough to click......put in 4x4.....Just jack up that side

grab the wheel and rock it back and forth...it should not rock back and forth

to confirm ....if you have a buddy.....turn the wheel to make visual conformation easier and

one be the rocker and one the looker....if it is clicking it will be obvious

I'd agree highly likely the u-joint.  Mine went from clicking to sounding like bolts in a blender.  Found needle bearings fused together as well as ground into dust.  Very little visible movement in the u-joint with mine being completely destroyed.  You may not even notice any movement in yours being just a click.

21 minutes ago, Rotten Ralphy said:

Hey guys you were all correct... Actually have both outer U joints making noise.
Thanks for your help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:banana: 

be sure to add your truck's details to your signature. :L: 

With tapatalk you have to go to the main page where it shows you the icons of the groups you are in. at the top there should be an icon of a person, then go to settings, then signature. Then you can add a signature to the group you want. But it will only add the signature when you use tapatalk, if you ever log in on a computer it will not input the signature. If you have access to a computer then set it up the way Pete says, once its set you can have it add while you're on mobile or computer, hope that make sense

23 minutes ago, jdog said:

With tapatalk you have to go to the main page where it shows you the icons of the groups you are in. at the top there should be an icon of a person, then go to settings, then signature. Then you can add a signature to the group you want. But it will only add the signature when you use tapatalk, if you ever log in on a computer it will not input the signature. If you have access to a computer then set it up the way Pete says, once its set you can have it add while you're on mobile or computer, hope that make sense

I've added this to Don's post.  :L: