New Tow Rig

Rokhound

THe NADA value is set by what ppl should expect to pay at a dealer, not what private party sale are.

anyways.. nice rig... with that many miles on it.. I wouldnt put no power adders to it... might make it go boom

Yeah I no, It still private party for 5500 to 6500 so in the long run I still didn’t get hurt. I mean for 2,000 bucks I don’t think I could have gone wrong.

Yeah I no the mile thing is a lot. I am still new to the diesel world :oops: but that is why I bought one. If the motor goes I will drop a 6.9 Cummins in it :nuts:

THe NADA value is set by what ppl should expect to pay at a dealer, not what private party sale are.

anyways.. nice rig... with that many miles on it.. I wouldnt put no power adders to it... might make it go boom

Yeah I no, It still private party for 5500 to 6500 so in the long run I still didn’t get hurt. I mean for 2,000 bucks I don’t think I could have gone wrong.

Yeah I no the mile thing is a lot. I am still new to the diesel world :oops: but that is why I bought one. If the motor goes I will drop a 6.9 Cummins in it :nuts:

its nice to be a well rounded car guy isn't it :brows:

no car is dead until the parts cost more than a new car... or the frame is rusted out form underneath it jamminz.gif

i can't imagine getting rid of a truck b/c of a motor

96 Power Stroke (7.3) jamminz.gif 208,000 4x4. This should last me a while

My plan is power chip some kind of air intake upgrade.

Did I mention that I stole this thing :brows: Well according to NADA there is because there is no why I even pad half of the low retail.

http://tinyurl.com/2fxjmn

It's a great engine that can safely double it's torque output without worrying about strength. Just keep the exhaust temps in check. We have a tech at work with one that dynoed at 745 foot pounds of torque a few years ago. He pulls at the local county fairs with it and ran a 12.95 in the quarter mile last year. He still gets about 18mpg yet too.

You won't find many people who prefer the 6.0's over the old 7.3's. I've noticed the dealers really make it known if they get in a used 7.3 Super Duty & they sell QUICK. I think even they can't argue it's a more reliable motor.

I work at an International dealer and all of the techs say the VT-365(6.0) is junk. Think of an early GM diesel and they are about equal in quality... They can't be resleeved like a comercial diesel, if the boost gets turned up the head bolts stretch and the head gasket blows. They do this stock too.... We have seen 6 blown engines and a ton of head gasket fail. They all have turbo issues too. Stay far away....

The 7.3 is a real medium duty comercial diesel for use up to about 30,000 pound GVW load constantly. It's a 1,000,000 mile plus motor. It uses wet sleeves that can be replaced and are way overbuilt strength wise.

if the boost gets turned up the head bolts stretch and the head gasket blows. They do this stock too.... We have seen 6 blown engines and a ton of head gasket fail

Yup. I know of several that had to have updated, harder studs installed.