help please!! weight of an MJ.

Hey Guys. I need some help. I need to transport my MJ across a bank of water. The only problem I have with moving it across is not knowing how much it weights. It is a 86, 2.5L I4, long bed, 2wd, manual trans. IF anyone could give me the closest idea of how much it weighs it would be extremely greatly appreciated!!!!!

thanks in advance!!

(I'm thinking its over 1100 lbs??)

Depends how it's equipped. Go to a scale for comercial transport (when it's closed would be best) and see for yourself.

Mine weighs about 4000 without me in it. Or did. But it's not exactly stock.

However, my 2wd LWB only weighed about 3400-3600 (can't quite remember, the scales are in Kg, which doesn't help.)

Depends how it's equipped. Go to a scale for comercial transport (when it's closed would be best) and see for yourself

That's what I was thinking. A lot of truckstops have scales, & if you're not in the big city, check with a grain company. Anyone that buys grain from farmers will have a scale. I took my truck & gooseneck with my TJ loaded up to our local grain company to weigh it. Needed to find out if I needed heavier licence plates on the truck. Squeeked by with 400 pounds to spare jamminz.gif

Depends how it's equipped. Go to a scale for comercial transport (when it's closed would be best) and see for yourself

That's what I was thinking. A lot of truckstops have scales, & if you're not in the big city, check with a grain company. Anyone that buys grain from farmers will have a scale. I took my truck & gooseneck with my TJ loaded up to our local grain company to weigh it. Needed to find out if I needed heavier licence plates on the truck. Squeeked by with 400 pounds to spare jamminz.gif

Guys, guys, guys!

His location says he's on Exuma Bahamas. How many commercial truck scales do you think he has access to? :brows: