1989 Dodge Import

Skibrew

They were great little trucks. I had a 89 Mighty Max that I got for free with 53k original miles. It wouldn't start, but it did with new spark plugs and a battery. It was fun but SLOW. The little 2.0 was factory rated at 88hp. Mine was an automatic with AC and power steering. Quite a few of these trucks didn't have power steering.

I lost a race from a red light to a Grumman LLV mail truck and they weren't even racing. I could literally feel a drag on the engine when I ran the high beams. Drove it from SC to AR in one stretch, no cruise, top speed of about 65. Had a very sore leg after that.

On March 28, 2020 at 1:28 PM, scguy said:

I lost a race from a red light to a Grumman LLV mail truck and they weren't even racing.

Back in the late 80's I was coming home from work one night and went to pass a slow moving Pinto.  He decided that instead of letting me pass, he wanted to race.  I was in a Yugo.  I honestly don't remember which of us came out on top.  I just remember how pathetic that had to look, and desperately hoping that nobody was watching!

ah, the slow drag races. :D  they're the best!  I once raced a beat-to-snot 80s car full of teenagers with my Liberty (I was hauling 11 exploder 8.8s in a trailer).  I slooooowly crept away from them.  we all had a good laugh at the next light.  this time I added some boost before the green popped and got a good jump on them before entering the freeway.