N.L.A. M.A.T. sensor

4 hours ago, cruiser54 said:

Have you tested or cleaned and tested yours?

Values IAT and CTS.jpg

IAT clean.jpg

IAT dirty.jpg

No, not yet but since my sone used it for a 300 mile road trip and on said trip exhaust became unattached from down pipe, the ensuing fire fried the vac. Harness, and electrical connections in surrounding neighborhood. It's  still in the truck but while throwing a new O2 sensor in her along with a CPS I wanted to get a jump on what and where I could get 1 if needed. While I have ur attention I included a pic of the hole inside the TB that gas shoots up out of on warm start ups. She's flooding out. 

20200211_161027.jpg

46 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

I have seen that hole on mine. I think it has to do with flowing more gas into the engine. Don't quote me on that, just a guess.

well, it certainly does flow more gas into the engine. lol imho one or more of the sensors that are related to the ecu determining fuel to air mixture are nfg. the truck with all her faults starts right up on the coldest of days but once warmed up tp operating temp, the ecu is still receiving cold engine info hence the gas shooting up through that orafice and flooding her out. just a shade tree guy here but from what i can gather, it's the O2 sensor, the MAP, only 2 years old but going to test to be sure, the CTS, TPS, and the MAT

I would give those a test. How’s the coolant situation? Brown? I had a blown head gasket that did the same as your symptoms. She would run and start fine until open loop mode and couldn’t figure out why. Brown coolant was the only sign until the head gasket got worse to where she would bog down and stall. 

1 hour ago, cruiser54 said:

Fuel only goes through injectors.

SUPPOSED TO ONLY GO THROUGH INJECTORS. It is shooting up out of that hole in the pic above, like 4 or 5 inches straight up. what is that orifice's purpose? i can find nothing refering to it either on line or (now don't lol) in the haynes manual.

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

I would give those a test. How’s the coolant situation? Brown? I had a blown head gasket that did the same as your symptoms. She would run and start fine until open loop mode and couldn’t figure out why. Brown coolant was the only sign until the head gasket got worse to where she would bog down and stall. 

i'm gonna say the H.G. is good due to the lack of cross contamination between fuel and coolant.

Just now, eaglescout526 said:

Could be good. Like I said, I couldn't figure out the issue for a whole year until I decided to address the  30 year old H.G.

tell me about it. i changed the cps and the old one says RENIX on it.

Did you do cruisers test on the CPS? I have a Renix CPS in mine that's doin pretty good for being 30. Maybe check your coolant and see if it boils or comes out brown. I always heard the overflow boiling when I shut the truck off. Wish I had pics of how the H.G. failed. Maybe I might.

31 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Did you do cruisers test on the CPS? I have a Renix CPS in mine that's doin pretty good for being 30. Maybe check your coolant and see if it boils or comes out brown. I always heard the overflow boiling when I shut the truck off. Wish I had pics of how the H.G. failed. Maybe I might.

gonna get into it this weekend. i'll geterdone

12 hours ago, Ωhm said:

Could be the vent for the Fuel Pressure Regulator Spring Chamber. Possible leaky diaphragm.

This is in regards to the fuel spitting up through the hole correct?  If so, is the spring chamber in the fpr? 

2 hours ago, 54bobby said:

This is in regards to the fuel spitting up through the hole correct?  If so, is the spring chamber in the fpr? 

https://www.motormanfuelinjection.com/page/subpage/fuel_injector_components/jeep-tbi-fuel-pressure-regulator-kit.htm

You'll need to remove the TBI so make sure you order a base gasket too.