YJ steering linkage

It should bolt up just fine, but I'm not sure if there would be interference with the track bar or sway bar links during uptravel.  My though is that Jeep engineered them differently for a reason.  I've considered this switch myself but don't really see any benefits.

Leaf spring suspension doesn't have to worry about the axle swinging in an arc in line with the trac bar.

Linked front suspension (with a trac bar) means the steering arm needs to arc in the same pattern as the trac bar.  If it's different, you get bump steer.  If it looks like it lines up from an angle perspective (trac bar and steering arm in parallel), then you should be relatively fine.

I haven't done it but don't think it will be the upgrade you're looking for.  The only real advantage of inverted T steering is that the toe does not change as the suspension travels.  This is a concern on vehicles with a lot of travel, but the other downsides of inverted T outweigh it in more stock applications.  The YJ used this steering setup because it was what would fit with the leaf springs, or they would have used the inverted Y setup.

27 minutes ago, thecodemonk said:

Leaf spring suspension doesn't have to worry about the axle swinging in an arc in line with the trac bar.

Linked front suspension (with a trac bar) means the steering arm needs to arc in the same pattern as the trac bar.  If it's different, you get bump steer.  If it looks like it lines up from an angle perspective (trac bar and steering arm in parallel), then you should be relatively fine.

A couple things.

Please refer to it as a "track" bar, as it directly controls the track of the front axle.  This is more or less industry and enthusiast standard to use this term, but you may hear it referred to as a panhard bar if you're dealing with more race oriented people.  A "trac" bar is another animal completely, as it is a contraction of the word "traction", these are typically used in drag or circle track racing in conjunction with rear leaf springs to increase traction on flat or smooth surfaces, and typically severely limit the ability for the suspension to flex.  There is also offroad versions of these which incorporate a few other features so they do not limit the suspensions movement as much, and they are popular with certain crowds.  These terms aren't interchangeable and will cause confusion.  It would be totally reasonable to install a trac bar on a modified MJ in order to control axle wrap.

Also, the YJ came with a front track bar from the factory.  This was an effort to make the steering better, as quite frankly most front leaf sprung vehicles have crap steering.  This forces the axle to swing in something of an arc inline with the drag link, although it's not exactly completely effective given that it's fighting the springs.  Most people remove them and trash them, then ask why their steering is so crappy.  Making steering work nicely with leaf springs is another topic entirely, but I'll leave it at that for now.

As to track bars versus drag links on link front ends, it's not as simple as them being the same angle or parallel to each other.  They also have to be the same length from bolt hole to bolt hole.  And, since most of the track bars out there have some sort of bend to them, the angle that's being compared is straight line from one bolt hole to another, what the bar does between them isn't relevant.

I had it on my MJ years ago, with the 6.5" lift the drag link was too short and needed lengthened, otherwise it all bolted up and went down the road ok.

It's pretty light duty though, I was surprised that It held up as well as it did.