Another wonderful swap

Alright guys. I'be done very little research,  and I'm lost in the specifice and can't really get a build sheet together for this poor MJ. I've got an 86, command trac, 2.5L 4 speed. The engine has been rebuilt twice, odo shows 400xxx. I want a 4.3l 262. I know that's probably an awful idea, but I've got a lot of parts already for it, but if there's a better solution, I'm up for it. I want to run about 350hp, and I had a few ideas (sm465 with stock np207 followed by a dana 44). I just want to make sure I'm not getting into a turd fest with this kind of build

Another case to consider would be the Chevy NP241 that came in the 1/2 ton and some 3/4 ton trucks.  It's an upgrade over the 231 (and 207) and bolts right up in place of a 208 that would have come behind the SM465.

According to my quick Google searches:

The 4.0 is 515 pounds.

A Chevy 4.8/5.3/6.0 iron block with factory aluminum heads is around 520 pounds.

An aluminum LS1 weighs in at around 430 pounds.

A Gen I small block chevy with Iron heads and intake weighs upwords of 575 pounds.

An LS V8 swap won't add any more weight to the nose of the  XJ than the heavy 4.0 pig.

It sounds so tempting,  as the LS came at about 350 out of the box, but I'm also limited on budget. I wanted to go the carburetion route due to not wanting to use a computer (ie. Pay for a computer and a Painless kit ) and I know the carb manifolds for the LS engines run pretty high. I was wondering what other v6 engine would be suitable for this build? I like the 4.3, but a 90° v6 requires some "creative persuasion" to fit in an MJ bay. 

40 minutes ago, derf said:

Engine swaps are never cheap.  And when it comes down to it, the cost of the engine is a very small part of it.  It ends up being about the same cost to swap a V8 over a V6.

unless you do it yourself... i´m training to perform engine swaps, gathering the tools and the skill

what about the buick 3800? those are plenty, some come supercharged, have power and torque, bulletproof some say and bolt to the GM 60 deg bellhousing, you have to make your own engine mounts but they looks rather easy to make

a supercharged, LPG breathing Buick 3800 serie III will be my next favorite engine when the 4.0 becomes extinct...

Given the lack of aftermarket support for the MOPAR, especially when compared to the Chevy V8, I would have a hard time convincing myself to do that swap.

However, being different and doing something that isn't the same as everyone else does have its own appeal.