No guage lights

LTZ_3

I went for a drive last night in the 86 comanche and noticed that I don't have any guage lights. Checked all bulbs and replaced them still no lights, checked fuses they are good. Replaced the headlight switch. Not sure what else to try. Any suggestions? 

I have rotated the headlight switch still no lights on gauges. I checked all fuses, taillights. I have yet to check ground under the dash planning on doing that tomorrow. If the ground is ok under the dash. Could I have a bad headlight switch plug in. If so can I steal one from any XJ or MJ. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you check to see if the headlight switch plug was melted when replacing the switch? Mine was melted slightly and was the source of my gauge light issues. If that’s the issue the plugs are pretty cheap so I’d buy new. 

Also look into adding a relay harness to the headlights as it will reduce amperage going to your switch and reduce the likelihood of it melting or your truck catching fire. :L:

Does your Heater/AC panel lamp work? Can you dim it? Do you have a factory Radio, if so, does your Radio Display Backlighting lamps work? Can you dim them? Do you have a Automatic Transmission, if so, does your PRNDL lamp work? Can you dim it?

• 2 weeks later...