Reflexxion Steel Cowl Hood

Red Mistress

Check out usbody.com. They have a decent looking fiberglass one that has steel inserts for your hinges and latches. I think that’s about the only option left out there other than a cheap race hood that pins on. I’m in the same boat as you looking for one and I’m willing to shed out a ridiculous amount of money for a reflexxion!

On 8/23/2019 at 5:53 PM, Red Mistress said:

Yea I know super tough to find as they were discontinued in 2009.

I'm wanting to build Hesco stroker, and this is cleanest way to release all that heat.

Your price is my price :)

If I may make a serious suggestion-

I found one Reflexxion hood in the 8-9 years I've been looking around. It was attached to a MJ roller for sale in the Panhandle, $800, but I could not get there at the time. Probably would have been worth the trip just for the hood. 

The cowl hood came with an inherent problem, just so you know, you could not open the hood without taking off the wiper arm. 

What I will be doing.........my suggestion-

Find a hood, strip it, prime it. Find an acceptable cowl or scoop. Bond and finish, paint it. 

That's what I will be doing. 

On 8/23/2019 at 9:07 PM, Red Mistress said:

Never been much of fan of fiberglass except high performance bass boat with Merc 300XS.

300k on your 91, you planning stroker?

i read on and on about overheat problems with stroker then have talked with guys and they don’t have problems.

No sir not yet. I’m going to run this one till it drops. It runs amazing and only uses 1/2 qt in 5k miles. Great oil pressure too. I’m going to try to get 500k+ out of it. Idk what I’ll do when it gives up. Probably just a new 4.0. I haven’t heard great things about the longevity of a stroker and at 60k+ per year I put on mine, I certainly need the longevity.