91 Comanche electric window controls

So I have a 91 eliminatior I drove it for a few years and let a buddy drive it for about 8 months. Since I got it back it has been sitting because a few things went wrong and we are getting it fixed. The electric windows stopped working and I was wondering if anyone else had electric windows or if anyone had a picture of the original style? I have googled it for about a week now and can not find anything except ones that do not look like mine. 

Sorry if it’s a bit long winded but in a nut shell I'm trying to see if I can find new ones or if mine are even ones that came originally in the truck.

thanks for any help

88F253BC-EAF7-4033-9BD8-6D1872F5B725.jpeg

The window switch in my 91 XJ (driver door) is starting to go, it works intermittently.  I got a replacement from the junkyard (from the pass side, less used) but haven't installed it yet.

I have a 93 parts XJ that had aftermarket power windows.  They did look different than Strokermjcomanche's photo.  Also, his photo shows black switches.  Not sure if they have been painted, but they were also available in chrome.  I think in later model XJs they were black.

47 minutes ago, schardein said:

The window switch in my 91 XJ (driver door) is starting to go, it works intermittently.  I got a replacement from the junkyard (from the pass side, less used) but haven't installed it yet.

I have a 93 parts XJ that had aftermarket power windows.  They did look different than Strokermjcomanche's photo.  Also, his photo shows black switches.  Not sure if they have been painted, but they were also available in chrome.  I think in later model XJs they were black.

Starting in 93 or 94 they were black. There is a year split at play with the master switch. I believe the master switch assembly changed in 1991. A 91-96 switch panel should be a direct fit. An earlier switch panel can be modified with slight effort. I went through this when I added OEM power windows to my 91 using switch panels from an 88. I can dig up the info once I get home.

4 door switch sets work also, you just don't use the other switches. And also try something before fixing anything. While  holding the switch in the desired direction, punch the interior door panel really hard several times just below the door open pull handle. The window motor is in the door right there and sometimes if you jar it hard enough the motor will work again. I have to do this every once in a while on mine.... at least until I can replace the motor. Or if the door panel is off, tap on the motor with a small hammer while holding the switch. This might at least make it usable until you can fix it right.

On 8/18/2019 at 6:29 PM, Strokermjcomanche said:

IMG_0010.JPG

Mine definitely does not look like those so I’m guessing mine was replaced previously. Once I get back to the house I’ll try to go through a couple of the tips you all have explained. I do appreciate all the help and I’ll post what all I do and find. But I do appreciate you all thanks again