MJ Addco Rear Sway Bar on Sale

13 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

SD screwed me once.........never again. 

Secondly, that is not for Comanche. 

Thirdly, Blazer will fit, some S10s, for about $20, also 7/8 bar. 

How is it not for an MJ?  Kit 468 is listed a rear MJ on all the websites that sell it and I saw it referenced on forums as well.  It appears to be a stock image, that image is used for Addco bars all over the place.

As for other vehicles, we don't have good junkyards around here at all.  You're lucky to find anything older that 2000 and they are usually picked clean.  They also pull parts for you meaning they charge stupid amounts for parts.  I was pricing piecing it together but would have cost about the same as the kit for me in my area. 

Hee, hee, hee

This ADDCO 468 stabilizer bar is larger than the factory rear sway bar on your 1986-1991 Comanche but will use the same mounting location.

Really? There was never a factory rear sway bar for any Comanche.

I think Don had an Addco on the rear of his MJ. Does anyone know if it was this model?

I'm so confused now.  I know there was never a factory bar and the SDtruck description has incorrect information but so does about every website on anything Comanche.  The 468 bar is listed as MJ on every site and multiple forums say it's the swb MJ bar.  The mounting isn't ideal but it's for the MJ so I'm confused why you say it's not for an MJ.  Also confused as to why Addco says it only fits up to 91.  No difference between 91 and 92 that I'm aware of.

HOrnbrod had a WJ Addco on his LWB with taller links for the lift.  

That was for a Comanche short bed. I owned one but didn’t like the 12” stacked end link bushing design. I could never keep the nut on top tight. Again it is MJ short bed specific. I sold it to Don who learned it wouldn’t work on the long bed. 

1 minute ago, Gjeep said:

That was for a Comanche short bed. I owned one but didn’t like the 12” stacked end link bushing design. I could never keep the nut on top tight. Again it is MJ short bed specific. I sold it to Don who learned it wouldn’t work on the long bed. 

Yeah the links I'm going to have to figure out since I'm lowering the truck.  May need to make completely new mounts above the shock mounts.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, TexanEliminator said:

Did you have to extend the links or is the pic you posted installed as it came? I’ve got the same amount of lift.

Links are Hellwig adjustables for the front of an F250 or F350. Don't remember the part number but you look around you'll find it. 

https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=18006&gclid=CjwKCAjwqZPrBRBnEiwAmNJsNognYEasVw2423uZfTpNt57q-917xnpBRL8Ado-ErEqlecNwvgxgiRoCciQQAvD_BwE

There is the part, just don't order through SD.........jackasses. 

You can cut the thread down to shorten...........I did, I cut about 1" off. 

Just now, Jeep Driver said:

Thank you sir. Can I ask what they did to you? I’ve ordered several air bag kits from them for myself and coworkers and have never had a problem.

Just now, TexanEliminator said:

Thank you sir. Can I ask what they did to you? I’ve ordered several air bag kits from them for myself and coworkers and have never had a problem.

I ordered, a week went by, called.......blablabla........another week went by.......was told they were on back order..........more time went by....was told by SD they would call Hellwig and get back to me........never got back to me. 

I called Hellwig direct, by afternoon they had it in a box with shipping label and tracking number.......BS ended. 

Since then, I order through Summit for example........I call manufacture direct now, no more BS.