1JTMP63P4JT030321

Seablue66

Engine 4.0 Inline 6

Trans. AW4 Aisin Warner 4spd. Automatic

Trans. Case Command Trac NP231

Front axle Dana 30

Rear Axle Dana 35

Shortbed

Tampa, Fla. across the street from my residence.

Not running and has been parked for 10 years in a carport.

Estate sale from my neighbor who recently passed away. 

Neighbor purchased it from original owner just over 10 years ago in Woodstock, GA then had it trailered to Tampa. Had a Skyjacker 2 inch lift installed, Mile Marker winch, aftermarket bumpers, and 31 inch XMT Buckshot tires. Remember he said the engine was running rough and had to constantly add Sta-Bil to every fill up to keep it running. So instead 0f fixing the problem, he parked it and got another vehicle. 

Forward to 2019. Purchased  vehicle from family estate. Engine turns over but does not fire. No fuel pressure to the engine. Purchased fuel filter and fuel pump hanger assembly. Dropped the tank. Gas smelled like varnish. Pulled the original fuel sender out and it looks as though it sat in salt water for many years. Good ole ethanol corrosion. The fuel in the tank had debris floating on the surface. I can only imagine the sediment on the bottom. I have to wait to purchase a new fuel tank till next payday. That is my present status,

*X1  
-SA Charcoal
3LX  
AGJ Driver Assistance Group
APA MONOTONE PAINT PACKAGE
CBA BENCH SEAT - STRAIGHT BK
CGX Head Restraints-Outboard Seating, RR
CKA CARPETS - CLASS I SHORT PILE 8 - 12 OZ
DGW Transmission - 4-Spd. Automatic,44RE
ERB ENGINE - 4.0L I6 MPI GAS
GAC ALL WINDOWS - TINTED GLASS
GFD SLIDING RR WINDOW
GPB DUAL - O/S MIRR PKG - LOW MOUNT - CHROME
JHA WINDSHIELD WIPERS - DELUXE
JJA CIGAR LIGHTER - FRT COMP
K60 BODY SIDE MOLDINGS - VINYL
LMA HALOGEN HEADLAMPS
MBJ Bumper - Front, Black
NAA ESA W/CATALYST (EXC CALIF SYSTEM)
PE4 Punk'n Metallic Clear Coat
QE4 Punk'n Metallic Clear Coat
RAB Radio - AM/FM
SBA POWER STEERING
SCE STRG WHL - EURO/SPORT TYPE
TBG SPARE TIRE - COMPACT
WJN 15" Aluminum Wheels

Build date: 8/25/87

Body Code: JM61

• 6 months later...

Update: Ordered new 18 gallon fuel tank, fuel pump, fuel sender, and filter off Ebay. Plenty of fuel going to the engine now, however fuel sprays out of the regulator. Ordered regulator through Ebay. Should arrive by USPS on Tuesday. Should I replace the injectors? It hasn't run in over 10 years. Would injectors be fouled by ethanol? Also have a set of white rims from my CJ7 I used to own. Do they have the same lug pattern as the MJ? I would like to post a photograph from my phone but I don't know how through my laptop.

4 hours ago, Seablue66 said:

Update: Ordered new 18 gallon fuel tank, fuel pump, fuel sender, and filter off Ebay. Plenty of fuel going to the engine now, however fuel sprays out of the regulator. Ordered regulator through Ebay. Should arrive by USPS on Tuesday. Should I replace the injectors? It hasn't run in over 10 years. Would injectors be fouled by ethanol? Also have a set of white rims from my CJ7 I used to own. Do they have the same lug pattern as the MJ? I would like to post a photograph from my phone but I don't know how through my laptop.

you should start a new thread in the Tech forum for your questions. :L:   

CJs are a 5 on 5.5 pattern.  MJs area  5 on 4.5 pattern.

photos can be uploaded from your phone or from the laptop using the "choose files" tab found below the text box.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...