Is the 88 comanche exhaust the same as the cherokees?

I know that the 97+ exhaust is different from the pre-97s. I am currently 99 swapping my Comanche and that's one of the first things I noticed when dropping the cross member for the trans. I am not sure of the compatibility between Comanche and Cherokee, though. I'd imagine for similar year models (and engine sizes) it's the same up to the cross member, then different from there back for the truck vs the SUV. Someone else will have to chime in to confirm or correct this.

That said, I don't think it would be as far off as your picture shows it being, you might have a damaged exhaust, possibly a few inches below the flange where the down pipe connects to the header.

56 minutes ago, Pete M said:

any muffler shop should be able to fab it up and route it wherever you'd like. :L: 

Thanks ya i might just end up doing that, also does anyone know any drive shaft that is 42 inches long? I measured mine and it seems the cherokees is nowhere near what i need. So far i have only found tom woods custom ones 

Screenshot_20190724-134216_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, 1988manche said:

So you think if i just buy a new front section of it then i should be good? Something like this

Screenshot_20190724-122003_Amazon Shopping.jpg

This is the piece I do believe is bent. If it were me, I'd go look under a Cherokee that's still put together just to see if the angles are roughly the same. I can upload a picture of mine after work, but it may be hard to tell in pictures.

If you go exhaust shop, an established mom and pop shop is the way I'd go. I had a trusted shop near me do some custom piping for my muffler delete on my 2015 Ram and it only cost me $15 for parts and labor. In and out in about 45 minutes.

Here's a picture of the downpipe on my 2000 XJ. The header is different, but the general shape is similar. See how it kinda hugs the motor up top to avoid the front driveshaft. Hope this helps a little, but again, pictures are hard.

20190724_183842.jpg