500 bucks and I’m back in the Comanche game

Picked this up today. Doesn’t run yet, pretty rusty all over. But it’s the 4.0 with auto transmission and 4x4 shortbed. Needs lots of love but I have been missing my 86 2.5 longbed since I sold it and I have been holding out for a 4.0 4x4. So excited to get rolling! 72c3c2acc869c49a261e0487a2417db3.jpg66e4cff0b88584042917cf293850ccf3.jpg

Well the more I get into it the more rust I see (and I’m still on the outside of things!). I think this one once I get it running will be a fun daily for a while until I can find a cleaner frame and body. The interior of this one is pretty decent actually. Looks like it was fairly untouched under the hood and in the cab by previous owners.

First challenge is the no start. Rolling through cruisers tips as well as part diagnostics. Not getting any fuel pressure, and not getting any fuel to the filter even. But the pump is making the start up sound so I’m wondering if the pump is just bad. Too hot to work on it this weekend though.

5 hours ago, dustytony said:

Well the more I get into it the more rust I see (and I’m still on the outside of things!). I think this one once I get it running will be a fun daily for a while until I can find a cleaner frame and body. The interior of this one is pretty decent actually. Looks like it was fairly untouched under the hood and in the cab by previous owners.

First challenge is the no start. Rolling through cruisers tips as well as part diagnostics. Not getting any fuel pressure, and not getting any fuel to the filter even. But the pump is making the start up sound so I’m wondering if the pump is just bad. Too hot to work on it this weekend though.

The hose that attaches the pump to the sender in the tank might have fallen off or gave up.

• 4 weeks later...