Renix 2.5 AC Components

WesD

All - I need the following pieces for the A/C in my 2.5 MJ.   I'd be happy to look at any parts, but I especially need

1. Compressor mounting bracket.

2. Metal underhood hard lines.

Thanks in advance.

On 7/3/2019 at 10:25 PM, WesD said:

All - I need the following pieces for the A/C in my 2.5 MJ.   I'd be happy to look at any parts, but I especially need

1. Compressor mounting bracket.

2. Metal underhood hard lines.

Thanks in advance.

What year? 

Post a pic of what you are working with, pic of your existing alt bracket too.

Interior side is the same. Engine side is wayyyyy different. V6 and I4. GM engine to AMC engine. Finding any Renix AC pieces for the 2.5L are getting impossible. See if you can find someone selling a whole 2.5L from 86-90 with AC. That might be the only way to source the AC on the engine side. 

I have an 87.   Serpentine belt setup.   The compressor mounts above where the alternator is, and the upper hose routes around the back of the compressor. 

Eagle - congrats I saw you just got your setup.    I'm next.   

IMG_20190421_133908.jpg

35 minutes ago, WesD said:

I have an 87.   Serpentine belt setup.   The compressor mounts above where the alternator is, and the upper hose routes around the back of the compressor. 

IMG_20190421_133908.jpg

You are not showing us much there.......bracketry...........but OK.

If you need the Alt bracket after you find an AC bracket, I have one here-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283465585478

11 hours ago, WesD said:

IMG_20190421_133908.jpg

Thank you! I’m currently awaiting on everything to be shipped. You are indeed next, keep looking and asking around and you’ll get it. I’ll probably do some sort of write up for those with the 2.5L.