4.0L, gas in oil?

How many miles are on the motor... has the motor been abused. I built a Pontiac motor back in the late 90's and it had the problem with fuel in the oil.. mostly cause I had way to big of a carb on it.. as well as the rings not being seated properly after a rebuild. Changed carb... new plugs.. gas smell gone.

Things to check...

Compression

Then do a compresion leak down test (this will tell you where you are losing pressure.)

THen if you have an acceptable leakdown test Check your ignition components. Make sure each cylinder is firing

If all of that stuff is acceptable.. its time to go over the motor with a fine tooth comb.. I mean check all your sensors, all your vacum tubing, and all that other junk.

My money is on bad cylinder rings letting the gas leak by once the motor gets hot.. thus increasing tolerances

I don't think the truck was abused at all before we got it, it was a 1 owner and the guy drove it back and forth 100 miles a day for a while... The truck has about 230k miles on it, the PO said the motor was rebuilt a few years back. Anyway, i'll spend a couple hours on it this weekend and let you guys know what I find.

• 3 weeks later...