New Comanche Buyer, Need Advise

Hey guys!

Thanks for taking the time to read this. So I have been looking for a nice clean stock Comanche for a little while now to do a build series on my YouTube channel and to enjoy and share the daily load with my TJ, and came across a guy selling a XJ on craigslist and it said in the description that he has a Comanche so I asked if he would be interested in selling it. He said sure and sent me a few pics.

About the truck: 91 SWB, 4.0L, AX15, 4x4, looks like 167,xxx miles, 4inch lift (would want to return to stock), He said it will come with small wheels and tires.

He said the truck has zero rust on it.

New engine gaskets

Original tail gate he has.

Replacing the head to a 97+ head right now and 97+ brake booster. 

Parts that are missing:  stock tail lights :(, stock bumpers, original grill , Headliner missing

He started the 97 front end conversion I prefer the original.

He said he would want $6,500-$7,000k for the truck

So the truck ticks all the boxes drive train wise, expect for all of the aftermarket stuff on the truck (prefer the stock classic look)

So my main question is how impossible/expensive is it going to be to find all the stock parts I want to put on the truck and what do you guys think of the price. I was hoping to spend around 4-5K

Thanks for the help guys!

Kyle

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

FB_IMG_1556731447811.jpg

imagejpeg_0(3).jpg

imagejpeg_0(4).jpg

imagejpeg_0(6).jpg

received_2531925270367703.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

No way in hell would I spend that kind of money on someone else's misery. 

And that's precisely what you will buy, misery. 

Thanks for the advise! Also the one you linked is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

yeah, if I wanted a clean stock truck, I would simply buy a clean stock truck. :L:  be patient, they are out there. :comanche:

41 minutes ago, NHMJXJ said:

Echo the previous posts.  A $4-5K budget and patience will get you clean, straight truck to make your own.  Might not include your cost to transport.

You might start shopping here >>  https://comancheclub.com/topic/58803-the-good-the-bad-and-the-rusty-061719-cl-list/

Best of luck!

Thanks guys I really appreciate it!

3 hours ago, Vineyard86manch said:

Hey Kyle, Love that you’re going the stock route, keep us posted on what you end up with!

Thank you! Yes I really dig the classic 80s look. I will make plenty of videos with it :)

Jeep-Comanche-2.jpg

Jeep-Comanche-1.jpg