Ba/10 5speed Peugot SQUARE Socket [Transmission]

If I remember right I just put a 3/8 extension in mine to drain 

I tried the 3/8 but its a little too big n 1/4 is too small. What i had read was that it could work if you grind a 3/8 extension down but i’d rather have the right tool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Sly_MJ said:

I tried the 3/8 but its a little too big n 1/4 is too small. What i had read was that it could work if you grind a 3/8 extension down but i’d rather have the right tool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I used a swivelly 3/8 extension. They are a little smaller so they can wobble. 

5 hours ago, 75sv1 said:

There is the drain plug in the 4.0L block. I think 8mm square. Really tough to get out. Some are afraid to remove them as the block may crack. 

that´s why i don´t remove the one in mine, after 30 years it´s probably welded shut... imagine all the trouble just for removing this plug if the block cracks...

I just used a spare chinexican 3/8" extension, and used a grinding wheel to re ove enough material from 2 sides of the extension to fit.
Hopefully I will have my 4 wd swap done soon and no more french pos trans. Although, I can't complain too much considering it has outlasted the Turdy5