Here's what happened after I pulled the front bumper off

socomanche

Scroll down in the thread to see a pic of the original bumper on the truck and some pics of the truck post bumper pull.

As a side note, I've got the original front bumper with mounting brackets, end guards and license plate mount for sale for $40 + shipping if anyone is interested. It's black without dents. A pic is in the post below. I'm located in the Denver area, so pickup is an option if you're local. I'm posting this in the Pub because the Classifieds was not a selectable option.

1 minute ago, socomanche said:

Hello,

I've got an original front bumper with mounting brackets, end guards and license plate mount for sale from an '87 Comanche. It's black without dents. I'll get pictures posted tonight. I'm located in the Denver area, so pickup is an option if you're local. I'm posting this in the Pub because the Classifieds was not a selectable option. PM if interested.

you only need 10 posts in other forums to have the classifieds open up to you :L: 

yeah, so they kinda need to be posts that aren't related to what you're trying to use this site to sell. 

nice truck though :L:   how about stating a build thread to tell us all about it? 

I guess I might as well post what came to be when I pulled the front bumper off...

This is the product of a new bumper from affordable offroad ( https://affordableoffroad.com/shop/affordable-prerunner-front-bumper-jeep-cherokee-xjcomanche-84-01/ ), some rear fender flares from 88mjsally, some matte slate spray paint, some burnt copper spray paint, and some spray on bedliner (please don't judge my excessive use of the cheap paint option). 

front corner right.jpg

front corner.jpg

rear right.jpg

• 4 months later...

Since I put the pre-runner bumper on and did some spray painting, I've done some more stuff on the cheap (don't cringe!). Just to make sure it's still a Comanche at heart, I took it into the mountains this past weekend, and I can confirm that it does just fine climbing and descending several thousand feed and many miles at highway speeds while also releasing its beastly capabilities in 4 wheel low on high altitude rocky dirt roads. The kids loved the bed seats on the trail. Unfortunately (well, fortunately, actually), riding in the bed at highway speeds is frowned upon by their mom.

* roof rack (Apex rack $25 on amazon)

* roof rack wind fairing (aluminum strips from the garage)

* 4 LED lights mounted in the wind fairing (lights and wiring harness from Amazon $50)

* front skid plate ($80 w/ shipping from team cherokee)

* bed rack (not intended to hold up as a roll bar - plumbing piping / other metal from home depot - didn't track the cost, but guessing around $175 ish when it was all said and done)

* soft top from a jeep wrangler ($20 on craigslist)

* bed extender (PVC, random metal, swivel wheels from home depot - about $30)

* hood hinge spacers for extra ventilation (coupling nuts from home depot - about $4)

* hood vents ($16 for two pairs on amazon)

* paint rims (plasti-dip from walmart)

* bucket seats and harnesses in the bed (seats $40 apiece on amazon, harnesses $25 apiece on amazon, metal from home depot - about $50)

* other random stuff like strapping and old disc brake rotors from bikes

c8.jpg

c7.jpg

c6.jpg

c4.jpg

c3.jpg

c2.jpg

c1.jpg

orig1.jpg

orig2.jpg

• 2 months later...