5.9 Limited ZJ rant....

CheapXJ

seriously... an intermittent signal from a $17 coolant temp sensor can make this thing act like it's got a blown head gasket, complete with the faux hydrolock syndrome of coolant pushing into the cylinders while starting! apparently this thing can and DOES dump THAT MUCH FUEL into it on startup because the entire map is based on multipliers with baseline duty cycle set by the CTS...

I'm absolutely amazed by this persnickity little MFer. 2 days ago it decided to say it was 170deg after sitting overnight and it acted way better on startup. The odd thing is while it was acting all stupid, the gauge was reading properly but every once and a while it would "ding" and "check gauges" would flash for just a brief moment... You'd think this sophisticated JTEC engine controller would buffer and average sensor inputs over a time window... NOPE!

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

all I can think of is self-driving cars...    :( 

I was passing a guy in a Tesla on the interstate the other day and when I looked over I saw he had his seat pushed back and was texting on his phone.  Not touching the wheel and never looked up.  I punched the hemi and got the H away from the idiot.  Apparently, more money than brains.

On 3/27/2019 at 6:32 PM, Eagle said:

Maybe Boeing wrote the software for the ECU (or is it a PCM {power train control module} on the ZJ?).

it's still a little toed out so it kinda feels like 737 max right now, lol.

and yea, JTEC PCM w/ that silly RE series trans with frequency valve driven governor simulation electronics.