WJ Brake Booster

My brakes have gotten bad (step on the pedal and it goes halfway to the floor and makes a terrible hissing sound). Anyways, I have an 01 WJ booster and master to install. As part of this I want to delete my Rear Height Sensor (its being tied up with string right now). Since I would be doing all this I want to re-run the brake lines themselves as they are starting to look kinda crusty. To simplify life I was thinking about getting THIS and removing the distribution block as well, and starting from fresh. Does anyone see a problem with doing this? Has anyone used this product before?

If you remove the distribution block, you eliminate the brake system failure warning light. You can argue that you don't need it, and I wouldn't disagree -- but technically your vehicle isn't legal to operate on the highway without it. Why not use the distribution block from the WJ -- or an XJ or ZJ distribution block?

[Edit] Correction -- I see that Wilwood unit has a warning light connection. The ones I'm familiar with don't.

The only reason I haven't jumped in and done this already is because of that firewall molestation. Well that and I am lazy.

*joking* Cruiser54, a lot or a little it is still truck molestation, just ask the catholic priests.

Thanks for the idea Jeep Driver. Did you buttweld the two pieces of booster rod? Or sleeve them? And any chance you remember the thickness of your spacer?

37 minutes ago, JustEmptyEveryPocket said:

The only reason I haven't jumped in and done this already is because of that firewall molestation. Well that and I am lazy.

*joking* Cruiser54, a lot or a little it is still truck molestation, just ask the catholic priests.

Thanks for the idea Jeep Driver. Did you buttweld the two pieces of booster rod? Or sleeve them? And any chance you remember the thickness of your spacer?

Yes I butt welded, had I to do it again I would thread the rod and use an adjustable end, those are available. 

The spacer comes with the WJ booster.......about 1/4" thick or there about. 

Thinking back on this-

I think I did this more to accommodate the brake switch than anything. You might want to check length yourself. 

At the time I had gone through several switches, OEM switch design is horrible.

I have an E-brake controller relying on the switch, the switch became more important than just lights.

Going to the Ford or later model switch became a no-brainer.

This makes the style of rod end irrelevant, no modifications necessary and bracket is a bolt-on affair.......from later XJ. 

PAMpDWq.jpg