Cleaning up a 92 pioneer

I bought a 92 with a blown 4.0 in it so I’m swapping in a long block from a cherokee. Then once it runs I’m going to focus on cleaning it up and doing body work on it. It needs new doors, rocker repair and lots of other rust control.. the jeeps end goal for now is a 6” lift on 35s but it won’t see the trails. I’ll have an XJ that’ll get wheel the commanches going to be my daily....Got the motor stripped down and pulled apart now just waiting on the 96XJ long block. The motor was ran dry and the connecting rod let go and came out the side of the block by the engine mount. I was waiting on my parts xj to finish my build but the deal fell threw so I ended up picking up a cheap 4.0 out of a 2000 tj.. the blocks are similar but the mounting for the accessories are in different spots. After drilling and tapping a few holes I have the 2000 4.0 ready to go in my 92 distributor Comanche. I got the lift in the front now to 

5098EE51-414A-4748-9732-59E1CE5EE23D.jpeg

472627EB-67B6-4100-992B-BDBB54FB96CF.jpeg

F0513452-892C-4DA0-BDFC-346FE35DAE42.jpeg

1D1BB9E7-2B7B-4F5A-8084-1711E2C63338.jpeg

3EA4F37A-12D2-4703-BFB1-7A222F66B785.jpeg

1BB7D440-B1CE-4325-B62A-AAD84219D372.jpeg

CB447034-4F38-4430-8DA8-4786E09BB160.jpeg

36890747-4D74-4CBB-801D-055B17823FD6.jpeg

1E587AC4-49ED-4CBE-98CE-9C389FAA9015.jpeg

A6734878-6CC5-4152-A536-7CB63EAD000C.jpeg

0F1D5431-54BA-4022-927B-E66EC3E65B4B.jpeg

12 hours ago, DesertRat1991 said:

Seems like a bad idea for a DD from a cost, gas mileage and ride quality stand point. 

To each his own.......some guys just like the look of a lifted truck even if it's a pavement queen. LOTS of 4x4s around where I live like that and I'm certain most rarely see anything other than an occasional mudhole. That said, what I DON'T get is the current trend on 3/4 ton diesels is the low profile 22-24" rim and tire set up. I know these are usually chipped and tweaked out for speed and rollin black smoke, but why do that with a crew cab long bed 3/4 ton 4x4 and restrict its intended functionality? :dunno:

9 hours ago, WahooSteeler said:

To each his own.......some guys just like the look of a lifted truck even if it's a pavement queen. LOTS of 4x4s around where I live like that and I'm certain most rarely see anything other than an occasional mudhole. That said, what I DON'T get is the current trend on 3/4 ton diesels is the low profile 22-24" rim and tire set up. I know these are usually chipped and tweaked out for speed and rollin black smoke, but why do that with a crew cab long bed 3/4 ton 4x4 and restrict its intended functionality? :dunno:

AKA - mall crawler

Just now, MJXJjeepguy said:

AKA - mall crawler

LOL, but at least he COULD go off road as opposed to the low-rider F250s I referenced above! Why have a tricked out monster V8 in a car if the max speed limit is 70mph and stoplight 0-60 runs will get you a wreckless driving ticket? A lot of times it's about what the vehicle COULD do, what's it's potential? Same thing with crotch rockets. And even car stereos. Why have 5000 watts, a trunk full of 15" subs and 20 ear-bleeding tweeters inside LOL? What CAN it do, not what WILL it do.........It feeds our alpha male instinct. 

13 hours ago, WahooSteeler said:

LOL, but at least he COULD go off road as opposed to the low-rider F250s I referenced above! Why have a tricked out monster V8 in a car if the max speed limit is 70mph and stoplight 0-60 runs will get you a wreckless driving ticket? A lot of times it's about what the vehicle COULD do, what's it's potential? Same thing with crotch rockets. And even car stereos. Why have 5000 watts, a trunk full of 15" subs and 20 ear-bleeding tweeters inside LOL? What CAN it do, not what WILL it do.........It feeds our alpha male instinct. 

Yea i know really, lol I have been at some jeep show I seen really nice JK and my guessing I would said personal spending around 20ish-30k dollar just aftermarket parts alone not include the jeep value and with all parts that make for off-road like locker, axle, winch, bumper u name it and never touch the mud, i was umm what the point spending that so much money for a show. But that not my problem, I can't complain about it, it their lifestyle... 

I’ve wanted a Comanche for ever and never have been able to find one now that I did I want to make it look badass and keep it that way I’ll continue to wheel the piss out of my cheap xjs but I want my Comanche to be a head turner.. yeah I could easily get away with a small lift and 33s and it will look sharp but I won’t a bad @$$ rig... and I already own 6” lift coils and have a Cherokee rear end for SOA swap so I figured mide as well go 6” since I have a lot of the lift already. I’m an advent wheeler where I live so I’m fine with driving a clean MJ on 35s with stock axles   It’ll just look that much better hailing my beater XJ around 🤣👌

Obviously personal tastes run the gamut. I've seen so many builds that beg the big question of WHY???  But, it's his truck, his dream and , his money. I say " you go"!